Chapter 15

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

After Billkin's mom left. PP continued to stand beside Billkin's hospital bed holding Billkin's hand, gently squeezing it, willing it to move or squeeze him back.

PP had originally ignored Tae's first text but then Tae had followed it up with a voicemail then another text. PP had to let Tae know what was going on.

I'm sorry I can't make it. I'm at the hospital right now.

Why what's going on???

Billkin got into a bad road accident.

Are you obligated to take care of him???

No, I have CHOSEN to take care of him.

Oh you're ditching me for him???

Tae, please try to understand.

I don't think so. See you around some time ... Not

"Damn you, Tae," PP said softly under his breath.

Maybe it is for the best if you stop seeing me, PP thought.

PP was starting to feel sleepy but he continued to stay beside Billkin's hospital bed. He got one of the chairs that was in the room and pulled it up close to Billkin's bed and sat on it, laying his head on the bed while still holding Billkin's hand.

Although PP was starting to feel hungry he knew that he wouldn't be able to chew or swallow any food.

Soon PP had dozed off with his head still resting on Billkin's hospital bed.

He was awakened by a pressure on one of his fingers. It did not register in PP's mind at first but after a few seconds he realized that Billkin was gently squeezing his hand.

PP's head shot up from the bed.

He quickly stood up and placed his face close to Billkin.

Billkin's eyes were still closed.

"BK? ... BK?" PP whispered in Billkin's ears.

PP's heart jumped when he saw Billkin's eyes slowly fluttering open.

"Ohmygahd nnnuuurrrssseee !!!" PP cried out, rushing out of the room and running to the nurses's station.

"He's awake! He opened his eyes! Please come!" PP was saying hysterically to the nurses at the station.

One of them stood up from her post behind the counter and went over to Billkin's room.

She took out her stethoscope and sphygmo from her pocket and took Billkin's blood pressure and heart rate. She also noted his respiratory rate. Then she fished out her pulse oximeter from her pocket and took Billkin's oxygen level.

"His vital signs are back to normal," the nurse declared.

PP let out a loud sigh of relief.

Then the nurse took Billkin's hand and said, "Hi, I am your nurse. If you can hear me, squeeze my hand."

Not only did Billkin squeeze the nurse's hand but he also opened his eyes.

"He's back! Ohmygahd Billkin! I'm so glad and relieved!" PP exclaimed.

"Water," Billkin whispered weakly.

The nurse fetched the tumbler that was beside a pitcher of water on a table in one corner of the hospital room. She put in a paper straw that was lying beside the pitcher and placed it inside the tumbler.

PP took the tumbler from the nurse saying, "Here let me do it."

The nurse handed the tumbler to PP but said, "Hold on, let me raise the head of the bed first so that the water does not go down the wrong pipe."

The nurse then picked up the bed control whose cord was lying at the foot of the bed. She pressed the up arrow on the pad and slowly raised the head of Billkin's hospital bed.

She then signaled to PP that he could bring the straw to Billkin's mouth.

Billkin took a few sips then let go of the straw and closed his eyes again. He was still heavily sedated with the strong narcotic pain pills.

PP sighed and placed the tumbler back on the table.

"If you notice any more significant changes in his condition, let me know," the nurse instructed PP before leaving the room.

"Thank you, I will," PP replied.

PP took out his phone from his pocket once more. He called Billkin's mom to let her know that Billkin was now conscious and responding to him.

Billkin's mom was so happy. She thanked PP over and over.

"You must be very hungry by now, PP," said Billkin's mom. "I will stop by a restaurant to get you some food and something to drink."

"Thank you," PP said, realizing fully now how hungry he was indeed. In fact he heard his stomach starting to grumble.

PP continued to stand by Billkin's side, holding his hand gently and squeezing it from time to time.

He looked at Billkin's pale face. Billkin's eyes were still closed.

Suddenly PP felt the urge to touch Billkin's forehead with his lips.

As he did so, he heard Billkin say softly, "PP?"

PP lifted his head to look at Billkin. He saw a tear roll down the side of Billkin's face.