19: be silent, then, for danger is in words

Mephistopheles

Once Faustus falls into a deep sleep, I depart. He's smiling into his pillow, and not even clutching a book, so I set one by him lest he wake up and think he needs it.
Then I make my way down to the library. It's Saturday, so it is opened. A few students are studying but not many. I go directly to the computer labs in the back. There's a private enough booth. I don't have to log in, these are open access for students to register for classes on, so those without ID cards.
I sit down, sweating. I haven't dared to type in the words. Never. Not in all this time. I've thought to. But not dared. But I already know the truth.
I click on the internet explorer icon, then navigate to a search engine.
And I type in two simple words. A name, a name that used to mean me, and now only means death.
Juno Arthur
The articles come up immediately. Mostly old, years old now. Lines jump out at me.
The Arthurs were found dead in the early hours of the morning
And
A neighbor reported an unusual smell
And
If you have an information regarding Juno's whereabouts please contact the police
Dead. Dead.
Found dead.
Dead.
Deceased.
Juno is wanted in connection with the Arthurs deaths.
Dead.
Dead.
Gone.
I put my hands to my face.
Gone. It's over. It's really over. I breath in and out. Then I close out of the browser to pace.
So it's over. It's done with. All is said and done and it's all fine. They are truly dead now. And I am alive and a million miles away and they will not ever find me again. So the nightmares can stop. The nightmares are supposed to stop. I can breath again.
I delete the browser history, then beat it back to the main hall. I buy two coffees from the shopette and walk back towards Dover house. It's over, they are dead. But I am a wanted man. A very wanted wanted man. And if that wanted poster is still circulating then my days here at Rose and Sawn are most definitely numbered.