Chapter Two: The accident

──°·ꯥ̣ꩍ The next day, it brought a surprise to Tommy's face

──°·ꯥ̣ꩍ The next day, it brought a surprise to Tommy's face. He looked up to the door to see Ranboo, with another person. They look well dressed and he would be lying if he said that Ranboo didn't look good.

He had worn a light caramel brown sweater over his white button up shirt, a pair of jeans that paired with the same shoes he wore yesterday, just cleaner.

Tommy watched the two, the shorter brunette next to him that caught his eyes. He wore a simple green button up shirt, tucked into his black jeans, showing his belt. The edge of his jeans were cuffed, the logo on his black Converse were visible.

They seem to be in a good relationship, laughing along as they came up to the counter. The blond put up a smile once again, not as stiff as when he first saw Ranboo.

"Hello, welcome to Timeless cafe, I'm your barista, Tommy for today. What could I get you?" He spoke, a hint of enthusiasm in it. This is one of the reason why some of the customers would always come back. Tommy never failed to charm anyone.

Though Ranboo gave a look of doubt through his eyes though. He could see him narrow his eyes at the Brit, he wanted to roll his eyes at him so badly now. "I'll have a cup of black coffee, with extra sugar." The taller replied, glaring at Tommy when he said 'extra'.

"A Caramel Macchiato for me" The other said, returning the smile Tommy gave.

At least this one doesn't seem so bad. He nodded at them. "Cash or card?"

Ranboo was the one to hand his card out that Tommy took it, doubting-ly. He didn't trust this guy after what happened yesterday.

He swiped it and turned the POS to the taller, letting him type his pin in. Tommy ripped and gave him the receipt as well as his card. "Thank you, your drinks will be served in a while" He flashed another smile to them and turned to get on with their order.

"He seemed nice" The brunette spoke to his friend when they grabbed a seat. Ranboo scoffed at him when he heard the compliment towards Tommy. "He's real nice, alright" He remarked. That made his friend frown. "Oh come on, Boo. You always assume the worse in everyone" He sighed and looked out the window.

"It's not my fault. Tubbo, you're not so different from me." They both sat in silence, the sound of soft pop music and people chattering in the background surround them, keeping it less awkward.

It was Tubbo who decide to break the silence. "Do you still love me?" He asked, yet his eyes still looking out. Ranboo held in his breath and exhaled softly, his hand taking out the file he kept in his bag and set it down the table. "Let's not talk about personal matters on this meeting." He slid the folder to the shorter ignoring his look.

Silence once again. Tubbo grabbed the file and opened it, taking out the papers. He read the first paragraph of his script before putting it down after finishing at least three papers.

"Ranboo, answer my question. Are you still in love with me?" Sadness filled his eyes when the question was asked. Ranboo could only sigh, he knew this would happen but he needed this collaboration to work. It would surprise his dear readers. And he could only shake his head. "Bo, I'm sorry."

Before he could answer, a cup was being set down. Surprisingly gentle this time. The taller looked at Tommy nervously to see if he had heard their conversation. He didn't squeeze out any emotion though. "Here's your drink." The blond said, about to set down the other cup. A hand 'accidentally' got in touch with it, the drink spilling on the table and staining Ranboo's work.

Tommy's eyes widened at it. He froze, and so did Ranboo. "I'm so s-"

"I see now." Tubbo cut him off, standing up from where he sat. "You moved on. I don't think we can work on the project" He glared at the two of them and walked off, Ranboo who stood up after, calling out for his friend.

"Wait! Bo, it's not what- it looks like." His voice grew quieter at the end while he stared down at his hard work. All printed out and written nicely, to be ruined by a coffee.

He felt empty. To see what you put in a lot of effort to make, devastated.

Tommy's brows furrowed, sure he didn't like Ranboo, but he felt so bad to see him like this over a script. "Hey-"

The taller walked past him to the door, not giving him a chance to say what he wanted to say. He frowned but understood him. Tommy looked back down on the file, he picked it up and read what was written on the papers.

It was a good plot for a book or a comic. He didn't know what Ranboo does, but he sure has a creative mind.

He brought the file with him, deciding to repair what was ruined when he returned home, hoping that he would be able to see the taller tomorrow.

Never had he felt the desperation on awaiting someone's arrival.

Tommy knew it was partially his fault, and he shouldn't have been such a dick to the taller. Now he could only wait, even if it took him an eternity. Otherwise this guilt will never fade away.