Chapter Seven: Soft Boy

(too lazy for aesthetics might edit in the future, also testing out first person pov)

When Ranboo made a decision to help me out in the cafe, I was shocked at first of course. I mean, he loves his job, so why would he abandon it after one last story and, well, work in this shitty place with me? I don't know if it's a good idea but I don't know why I couldn't refuse it. And now I don't know what is there to talk about with him.

Damn it Tommy.

The door opens and I look up, to see, oh Lord what is that on her head? A box? Oh well, it's not the first time, hopefully she's not like the last ones I've met.

"Hello, welcome, what could I get you?" I asked, grabbing her attention as she looked up the board then back to me. I can't tell if she's smiling or not. "A strawberry smoothie would be nice" She spoke, her voice sort of high pitched. I didn't mind it though, can't blame people for how they sound, even I sound horrid and it's awful to hear myself.

The box on her head made me curious, I wanted to ask her about it but I feel like it's something personal, I'll just forget about it. "Take away or dine in?"

"Dine in" The girl replied, giving me her card. It's the same routine all over again as I handed her the receipt, as always. "Go and grab a seat, your drink will be served in a while"

She nodded and walked off the counter while I turn my back to deal with the drink. God, I really need to hire someone, I hate dealing with this stupid responsibility of taking care of this cafe that my uncle shoved it into my hands and set off to Hawaii for a vacation. Even my parents didn't do shit since they wanted me to "gain experience". More like shooing me out of the house so they can go and suck faces around the house as they please.

Horrible.

I turn around with the drink done to see the girl from before sitting across Ranboo. They look like they're discussing something. I walked over to their direction, gently setting the smoothie down. They both turn to look at me, I can see Ranboo smiling behind his mask since his eyes showed the fact he was.

"Right, Tommy, meet Crumb" He spoke, and I just smiled. "Hi, I feel like I'm interrupting something so imma just go ahead and, leave? It was nice knowing you though, Crumb" The girl tilted her head yet she nodded and gave me a pat on the arm. "It's fine, it was nice meeting you too, Tommy!" She chirped.

I nodded at them and walked off. As soon as I got behind the counters, the door opened again. Oh, it's Tubs! And, Wilbur with Quackity again?

Where the hell has Techno gone to?

"TOMS!"

"TUBS!"

I was met up with a hug from the shorter. God, I haven't seen him in a while and you have no idea how happy i am right now.

"Oh my god, how have you been doing big man, anything you want, it's on the house"

"Wow, good to know we're transparent, Tommy" The lanky bitch spoke and I gave him an eye roll. But hey, big Q is here again! "Hi Wil, and big Q" I only smiled when mentioning Quackity. It's not that I hate Wilbur, I just like to annoy him.

Tubbo soon released me and shrug at me. "I'll just get what I usually get here, and I've been doing alright bossman" He smiled. I can see Quackity with the guitar that Wilbur is currently trying to snatch it from his hands. What are they doing now?

"Alright, anything for you Tubs."

"Oh, right, Tommy" Big Q called out that I turned back around to face them. "Yeah?"

"I heard you're hiring, you won't mind if I apply for a part time job will you?" He asked, and I was actually glad someone is gonna take the job because dear god I'm gonna die before my uncle comes back. Before they could say anything, I quickly get in the staff room and came out with an apron, tossing it at the Hispanic.

He caught it and chuckled. "That was quick, you sure you're not giving me an interview or any forms?"

"Nah fuck them, get your ass here"

And that's, how big Q was hired. Since I know these two are gonna spend hours here until I got off work again and plus, I fucking hate appointments for interviews.

Thanks to him, things have been getting better. At least I'm not alone to deal with everything anymore.

The last customer just left and it's just the four of us now. Crumb and Tubbo left a while ago since it's getting late for them.

We were just finishing up with the cleaning until Wilbur started to strum that guitar in his hands. I kind of recognise the tune, I remember him telling me he was working on a song and playing a demo to me.

What was it again?

I swear I remember it

“Soft boy.” Big Q said with a smile and gently shook his head. “cant believe he's still working on that song”

I just nodded at him, listening to the taller Brit sing.

He's amazing, and I seriously look up to him even if he's also a bitch sometimes.

Ranboo stopped doing his work and I haven't even noticed. I decided to walk towards him and immediately took the seat next to him. “Hey”

“Hey, you done with work?” He asked which I shrugged. “Big Q can handle it” I said pointing at the two messing around, mostly Wilbur distracting Quackity with his singing. It earned a giggle from Ranboo.

Silence then rang in between us, I didn't know what to say, and I can tell he doesn't either. God we're both so awkward.

Instead of doing anything, I just sat there beside him, vibing.

Didn't take long for the two to leave as well, us two still here, not having any intentions of leaving.

I can feel his gaze on me and these butterflies immediately flutter inside my stomach. Someone kill them. “Toms?” He called out and I look back at him. “Yeah?” He took his mask off earlier and I could see his face clearly. Fuck hes hot.

“You're quiet today” Ranboo said and I sighed. “Just had a lot of thoughts going on in my head today. Don't worry about me” I gave him a smile and he returned the same gesture. “You can always talk to me, I'm listening”

“It's fine, nothing serious.” I responded and he took my hand, giving me a small kiss on the nose. “If you say so” He smiled, planting another kiss on my cheek.

Can he like, just pull out a ring pop and get down on one knee already? God. I love his company so much, I mean it's obvious we both like each other right? I just, don't know who's gonna confess first.

I can feel my face burning up from all the little kisses he's giving me, I hate and love feeling this way at the same time. “God Ranboo if you wanna kiss me do it right” I rolled my eyes at him. He chuckled, cupping my face and before I could say anything, his lips are on mine.

And I was left speechless. I didn't think he'd actually do it, well shit.

My heart was beating inhumanly fast and I feel like as if I'm gonna lose my mind.

He's so gentle, soft lips against mine, I could even taste a faint scent of mocha. 

I don't think I'm going to be the same after tonight, and I blame Ranboo for it.

A/N: Have another sloppy and rushed chapter, it looks so ass I'm sorry, might rewrite when I can. ALSO UGH THEY FINALLY KISS. Ranboo's pov next chapter :D and ikik I suck at writing kissing scenes.