Chapter 2

bande tere mathe pe hain jo khinche

bas chand lakeeron jitna hai jahan

aansoo mere mujhko mita de rahe

rab ka hukum na mit-ta hai yahan

raahein aise inki manzil hi nahin

dhoondho mujhe ab main rehta hoon wahin

dil hai kahin aur dhadkan hai kahin

saansen hai magar kyun zinda main nahin...

---------------------------------------

"PAWWA CHADHA KE AAYI!"

Sidharth groaned as he turned over onto his other side.

"AAYI CHIKNI CHAMELI CHUP KE AKELI HMMMM." Sidharth groaned, trying to toss again to the other side.

THUD!

"What the...?" Sidharth grumbled as he opened his eyes, squinting, trying to clear up the sleep that had clouded his eyes. He looked around and was shocked to see himself laying on the floor nearby the couch. How did he end up here? What happened?

"JUNGLE MEIN AAJ MANGAL KARUNGI!!" Sidharth sat up quickly hearing someone screaming at the top of their lungs. Who was in his house? He glanced up at the wall clock to see it was only 6 in the morning. He was about to get up to go see who had dared to break into his house when he suddenly stopped. The incidents of the previous night came rushing back to him. He sighed as he threw his head back to lay on the couch while he sat on the ground, leaning against the couch.

How had he forgotten? He had allowed Shehnaaz to stay over due to the storm last night and it was probably her who was screaming at the top of her lungs. He sighed as he sat there with his head thrown back and eyes closed, recalling what happened after he allowed her to stay over.

Flashback:

"Acha Acha, ap itna gussa kyun karte ho? Promise yeh akhri joke hai, aur iss par toh ap ko hassi zaroor aigi!" Shehnaaz said as she quickly moved to stand in front of Sidharth preventing him from moving forward.

Sidharth just sighed. In the past 2 minutes, she had told him countless jokes and insisted on telling more despite him not acknowledging even one of them. He stared at the girl in front of him and just did not understand how someone could be the way she was.

Despite being in an unknown place with an unknown man, she did not seem to be uncomfortable or scared. On the contrary, if anyone was to look at her interacting with him, they would assume that they knew each other for years. In his life, he had met millions of people through events, through practice, through the world championship but no one was like this girl.

They all were intimidated by him. After all he was Sidharth Arvind Sahni. His mere presence in a room was enough to intimidate people, even the most powerful one's. Yet this girl had shown no fear. Instead, here she was, cracking jokes even after receiving no reaction from him.

Kuch toh tha, aisa kuch joh Sidharth ko uss larki ka pass keech raha tha. There was something about this girl that intrigued him and that worried Sidharth. He could not lose control over himself...

"Toh mera joke..." Shehnaaz said and then started laughing. "oh my rab ji, yeh toh bohat hi acha joke hai. Dekhna angry bird ap ko zaroor hassi ai gi."

Sidharth just stared at her face, waiting for her to finish this so that he could leave and try to figure out why she was affecting him so much.

"Ok toh ek Indian woman jab kho jati hai, toh usse kya bulate hai?" She asked, raising her eyebrows at him, waiting for him to reply. But Sidharth did not respond and just crossed his arms over his chest, staring at her blankly. Her face had this different kind of innocence and spark to it that had him wanting to keep looking at her face.

Shehnaaz pouted when she realised after a few seconds, that he was not going to reply. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at his face.

Rab ji, itna hot munda aur itna khadus! Yeh nahi ka ek joke par hass le. Maina kaunsa inse inki jaidad mang li hai. Mana ka mai ap ki favourite hoon, par mera hisse ki thori si cuteness ap inko de sakta tha. Shayad tabh inhe thori sai hassi ajati, aur mera itna acha jokes waste na jata