Chapter 18

Iss qadar tu mujhe pyaar kar jaise kabhi na mil sakoon,

Phir bhula...Zindagi laayi humein yahan,

Koi iraada toh raha hoga bhala,

Ke darkhaast hai yeh Jo aayi raat hai yeh,

Tu meri baahon mein duniya bhula de,

Jo ab lamhaat hai yeh Bade hi khaas hai yeh,

Tu meri baahon mein duniya bhula de,

--------------------------------------------------------------

Pain is inevitable. No matter how much you try to avoid it, try to misguide it... somehow it always finds you. It settles in at the bottom of your heart and comes knocking when your happiness is at its peak. When you're the happiest, it storms into your life and disrupts everything. It's almost as if it knows. It knows that you're happy. Something that can't happen. 

Shehnaaz let out a small groan as she tossed to her other side. Her face scrunched up, a frown forming as she let out a small huff, pulling the duvet closer to herself. It was freezing in the morning. Even just laying in bed, she could feel her bones hurt from the cold. She let out a small groan as she turned around. On days like this, she missed Punjab and its hot sunny days. 

Her body shivered again as she touched the cold ends while tossing and turning. She pulled the duvet closer to herself, covering herself up to the chin, her lips forming into the smallest pout. She was fully awake but did not move, it was too cold to be up. Her eyes remained closed as she huddled in herself, reaching out to the other end of the bed, her hands spreading across the mattress, searching for her source of warmth. Her frown widened when she did not find what she was looking for. 

"angry bird?" She muttered, her voice hoarse. Her eyes remained closed as she moved further up the mattress, her hands searching again to feel the warmth of his body. Much to her dismay, she was just met with coldness. 

"ugh!" Her eyes squinted open as she whined. It was so painful, that she had to pry her eyes open. For some reason, they hurt.  This was the coldest morning she had experienced ever since coming to Shimla. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the room, looking for Sidharth. A small whine left her mouth, the pout on her face deepening as she spotted him laying on the couch in a very uncomfortable position, without a comforter and without her. 

"Oh my Rab ji!" She exclaimed as she got up quickly. It was disgustingly cold and he was sleeping without a comforter and that too in such an uncomfortable position, "Bimar pad jana hai inhone! Angry bird kahi ka! Rab ji mujhe gyaan deta rehta hai, healthy raho, ice cream na khao blah blah, aur khud dekho....kaisa tsch" She grumbled to herself softly as she softly padded over to where he lay. She was also irritated that he slept away from her.

"Aur yeh idhar kyun soh rai hai, mera bina-" She muttered confused, she was yet to remember what had happened last night. But as she took another step towards him, it hit her. 

"DUR RAHO MUJHSE!" 

"PASS MAT ANA!" 

Shehnaaz's eyes widened, as she stilled before taking two steps away from Sidharth's sleeping form. Her breathing picked up as she continued to stare at his tensed sleeping face. It had happened again. No matter where she went, she could never escape from him. He had been right. Jagvir had been right. She would never be able to get rid of him truly. He had ruined her beyond repair, and even when she tried to pick herself up and move on, she couldn't. Her eyes hurt, as they filled up with tears. They were extremely sore and as she became conscious of her body, she realised it wasn't the only thing that was hurting.