Apologies

F/T = Favourite Tea

╰┈➤ Your POV

'Mum! Dad! It's me, I'm home!' I call from the door, holding my breath. 
Slowly, the door creaks open to reveal a piercing eye looking through the crack.
'Oh my... Honey! Come quick!' I hear mum yell, and dad grunt as he comes towards the door.
The door swings open, 'Come inside, you too Yoimiya,' Mum welcomes us inside.
I look back to Yoimiya, and she just gives me a grin. Oh gosh, am I really doing this? I take a deep breath and step inside. 

Me, Yoimiya and dad all sit on the couch, as mum brews some tea and grabs some biscuits.
'Why are you back after all these years?' Dad asks, I can hear his voice shaking, as if he is going to cry. 
'Well, really I missed everyone. And I felt so guilty about what happened that day... Ayaka eventually convinced me to come home,' I look him straight in the eye, tears stinging the back of my eyes. 
'Ah, Yoimiya, dear, come and lend me a hand with the tea,' Mum calls from the kitchen.
'Sure thing, Mrs L/N!' Yoimiya happily trots over to the kitchen, and returns with four cups of F/T.

We all sit in an awkward silence for a second, all the noise we can hear is Yoimiya sipping at the tea. Eventually I pick up my cup.

'Ah, this is lovely. My favourite kind,' I smile at mum.

Another moment passes.

'So how long have you been back in Inazuma?' Mum asks, finally breaking the silence.
'I got here yesterday afternoon,' I say.
'Ah, I see, are you planning to leave?' Mum asks.
'Well, even if I wanted to, I can't leave for another month. I came here with Captain Beidou and Kazuha, who are both friends of a friend. They only come to Inazuma once a month. So really, whichever time of the year I feel fit,' I say tracing my finger around the edges of the teacup.
'Oh, so you made friends while away? Where are they from? What are their names?' Dad asks, draining all the details out of me.
I sigh a happy sigh, 'Well, there's Aether. People call him the Traveller. He says he's not from this world,' I let out a small giggle 'He's traveling Teyvat in search of his sister, Lumine. Then the only other real friend I made was Noelle, we would train to get stronger together everyday,' I say, looking up at dad. Everyone is quiet for a moment, again.
'You know Aether?' Yoimiya blurts out.
'Yeah, why?' 
'I know him! I helped him out a few times.'
'THE Traveller?' Mum asks.
I nod.
'He's famous! Everyone knows who he is!' Mum continues.

For another second, everyone is quiet.

'Is that a vision?' Dad gestures to the blue glow on my waist.
'Yeah it is,' I look down at it, before lifting it slightly in my palm.
'How did you get it?' Dad asks, his curious nature leading.

I explain how I got the vision, and everyone has a shocked look on their face.

'That's... Really impressive!' Yoimiya gives me a high five. 
'Oh, are you two... together?' Mum asks, seeing how close we are.
'Ah no... Just friends,' I tell her, while glancing at Yoimiya. Yoimiya gives me a wink and proceeds to pick up a biscuit.

Yet again, we're all in silence. 

'I just really wanted to tell you two that I'm really sorry, and I didn't mean anything I said, and I-' Mum cuts me off.
'It's fine darling,' She looks out the window, 'Its going to get late, you two had better head home now.
Me and Yoimiya both nod and stand up.
I give mum and dad a hug, before waving goodbye and shutting the door behind us.

We walk in silence for a second.
'It's getting dark... Wanna stay at mine?' Yoimiya turns to me with a grin.
I stiffen 'Yeah!' I say, as we change route for Inazuma City.

We chat as we walk. About my parents, about fireworks, about Mondstadt. 

When we reach the city, I'm in awe. There are bright lights, lots of people, they all look so happy. Last time I was here, everyone was miserable. Because of the vision hunt degree. I guess Aether had taken care of that... We walk through the city, and reach a small house. 

Naganohara Fireworks.

'Well, here we are!' Yoimiya announces, 'Hi dad! Is it ok if a friend stays over tonight?'
Yoimiyas dad turns to look at us 'Of course, honey.'
'Thanks!' Yoimiya says, taking my hand, leading me inside. 

We settle in a room, which I assume to be Yoimiyas.

'Oh, we have a teeny tiny problem...' Yoimiya tells me.
'Hm? What is it?' I ask.
'We don't have a spare bed, do you mind sharing?' Yoimiya sits on the double bed in the corner of the room.
I shake my head, 'No, not at all.'

After a while of just chatting and giggling, Yoimiya asks if I'm hungry.
'Yeah, a bit I guess, do you have any snacks?' I ask.
'Hmm... No, not that I can think of. Wanna explore around town?' Yoimiya offers, standing up, as if she had already decided we would.
I wouldn't want to disappoint, so, 'Yeah! Sounds great!' I am quite curious to see more of the city...

We close and lock the door behind us, despite it being early in the night, Yoimiyas dad is asleep.

We wander into town, looking into every nook and cranny. There are merchants and store owners advertising their products around every corner. We eventually stop at a place that sells dango milk, I'm not sure about it, but Yoimiya insisted.  

'Two dango milks please!' Yoimiya orders as I stand slightly behind her.
'Alright, here you go, that'll be 3000 mora,' The man standing at the stall takes the money from Yoimiyas hand, as we go to find somewhere to sit.

We eventually plop down on a seat towards the outside of the street. The dango milk is packaged cutely in a dark bottle, with a piece of light blue fabric on top, tied with a blue ribbon in a cute bow. Yoimiya has already ripped off the top and is chugging it down. I want to keep this as a memory. I wonder how... Suddenly, I remember brown kamera Aether gave me, it's snug in the bag on my waist. I grab it out and snap a photo, before opening the milk and taking a sip. 

I'm about to tell Yoimiya how much I enjoy the milk, when I see her staring with a puzzled look on her face.
'What's wrong?' I ask.
'That, box thing, what was THAT?' She says, obviously taken aback. 
'Ah this?' I hold the kamera out for her to see, and she gently takes it, 'Its a kamera, it takes photos. Like what you can see with your eyes but still forever.'
'What? That's awesome! Where did you get it?' Yoimiya traces her fingers on the outside of the lens.
'Aether gave it to me, wanna try it?' I say as she passes back the kamera. 
'Alright,' I stand up, dango milk still in hand, 'Now do a cute pose!' I snap the photo. After a second, a photo of Yoimiya holding out a peace sign with dango milk in her hand slides out of it. I sit back beside Yoimiya and show her the photo.
'That's so cool! Can I have one of you?' Yoimiya asks, gesturing to the kamera on my lap.
I stiffen, feeling my cheeks go beet red, 'Uh, yeah sure, you just hold it still and press that button there.' 
Yoimiya nods and stands away from me, before snapping the photo. She brings it back and shows me. She looks very happy with it.
'Ah! No, I look terrible, lets take another one?' I say.
'No, I like this, you look adorable,' Yoimiya says while somewhat in a trace looking at the photo, suddenly, her eyes widen and she looks at my flustered face. Now she's getting flustered as well. 
'Oh no... I mean you look cute and all but-' Yoimiya hides her face in her hands.
'It's fine, no need to explain,' I giggle, trying to seem as cool and calm on the outside as possible, but on the inside, the butterflies were making me feel so happy.
Yoimiya looks at me and smiles, 'Lets grab some food and go home,' She says before taking my hand and leading me towards a shop, with our half empty dango milk bottles still on the bench.