Love Like Fireworks

'Aether, Paimon! Hi!' Yoimiya chirps as she sends a wave to the traveling pair. 
'Hi you two, what are you doing out here?' Paimon glides towards us.
'We uh-' I start. 
'We're on a date!' Yoimiya grins. 
'Ah, we're sorry to disturb you then,' Aether beckons for Paimon to join him as he starts to walk away. 
'No! It's fine. Stay!' Yoimiya pats the seat beside her. 
'Ah, are you sure?' Aether stops and turns to us with a shy smile. 
Yoimiya nods. 

A few moments later, Aether is sitting between Yoimiya and Paimon, and Paimon is already ordering half the menu.
'Hey do you have enough mora for this?' Paimon turns to Aether. 
'Paimon...' Aether sighs. 
'It's fine! I have some spare mora,' Yoimiya smiles. 
'Thanks!' Aether looks very relieved to hear this. 
'So um...' I try to contribute to the conversation. 
'Oh, Y/N! How's it going back in Inazuma?' Paimon leans out to look at me. 
'Great! I'm having a lot of fun, and making a whole lot more use of my vision then back in Mondstadt,' I smile and rub the hydro vision on my waist.
'That's good to hear,' Aether says. Paimon lost interest half way through, as her mountain loads of food started to pile up. 
'Whoa! Paimons gonna be stuffed!' Paimons eyes are sparkling ad drool starts to form at the corner of her mouth. 
'Why don't we just eat you instead?' Aether says with a chuckle, which makes me and Yoimiya laugh. 
'Hey! Paimon. Is. NOT. Emergency. Food!' Paimon turns away from us.

Another moment passes with no one saying anything. Me and Yoimiya have both finished our food at this point. 
'Are you gonna order anything, Aether?' I ask the boy, who is now looking through his wallet.
'No, I can't afford it with this little thing around,' Aether pokes Paimon in the arm. 
'You can have some of Paimons food if you want!' Paimon holds a plate out to Aether. 
'Thanks...' Aether sighs and takes a bite. 

When the bill comes, Yoimiya pays for the most of it while Aether only pays a small chunk. 

'Well, we'll be off then!' Yoimiya slides of my seat, and offers her hand to me. My cheeks go red as I take it. 
'AWW YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE!' Paimon does an excited squirm mid air. 
'It was great to catch up, see you later!' Aether smiles and me and Yoimiya both wave. 

'The festival is in 3 days! Are you excited?' Yoimiya grins at me, her eyes sparkling. 
'I am, it's going to be great!' I smile. Remembering my encounter with Sayu makes it all the better. 
'I wonder who will come... I hope Ayato will come this time!' Yoimiya smiles at the thought. 
I don't reply, just think to myself. It would be great if he came. I have the feeling he will. I remember Ayaka. She was so sad...
'Hey Yoimiya?' 
'Yeah?'
'Do you think we could try to still hang out with the others during the festival? Even if it is a date?'
'Well duh! I'm not gonna ditch my friends!' 
I smile hearing this. That will make it a bit better. 

For the next hour or so, we walk around town. Smiling, laughing, talking. We look at the stalls and shops. Whenever Yoimiya smiles at me, I can only think one thing. Her smile is like a firework. Its so bright and happy. Genuine and loving. 

Before I know it, we're standing outside her home. 

'Thanks, today was really fun!' Yoimiya pulls me into a hug. 
'Yeah, it was... Lets meet again tomorrow!' I smile at her. 
'Sorry I had to cut it short... I have to prepare for the festival! And make it as special as I can,' Yoimiya looks away from me, her face red, '...For you...' 
I blush at her remark. Stunned. 
'Okay bye see you tomorrow!' Yoimiya quickly backs into her house. I can feel myself smiling. 

My love for her... Is like a firework. 

'I'm back!' I announce, walking into the estate. 
'Welcome back, Y/N,' Ayato greets me. 
'Hi Ayato, how was your day?' 
'It was fine. The usual work stuff... Actually it was quite boring.'
I laugh, 'I can understand that.'
'How was your date?'
'It went really well! But it was cut a bit short because Yoimiya needed to prepare for the festival.'
'I see. Ayaka is in her room, I'm sure she'd love to hear all about it.'
I nod, and start to walk down the hallway. 

'Ayaka! I'm back!' I knock on her door. 
'Y/N! Come in!' Ayaka calls as I open the door. She's sitting on the ground, papers scattered around her, with Thoma. 
'Tell us everything,' Ayaka moves some papers to clear a spot for me to sit.
'Well, we went down to the beach...' I start to explain my day to the pair. Throughout, they made oohs and ahhs. Occasionally they made remarks at different points. 

'Oh! And guess what she said about the festival?' I say excitedly. Ayakas smile disappears and her eyes aim away from me. 
'She said that even if we're on a date, we'll still hang out with all our friends!' I announce. 
'Really?' Ayaka turns to me and her eyes light up. 
'Yeah! We're all friends, so why wouldn't we?' I place a hand on her shoulder.
'That's great! I'm really looking forwards to it!' Thoma claps his hands together. 
'I'm going to go now, and leave you be for whatever you were doing,' I smile and leave the room.

I fall asleep earlier today. I need energy for tomorrow! 

The date the next day went really well! We went to the Grand Narukami Shrine, explored the forest, went to the beach again, and had lunch in the city. Again, Yoimiya had to cut it short for the festival.

The day after that, Yoimiya was too busy to see me. This festival is a big one, I can't wait to spend it with Yoimiya and everyone else. 

Now, the day of the festival. I don't see Yoimiya until the festival. And I'm so excited! 

I have everything ready, my outfit, mora, and even a gift for Yoimiya. 

A/N

idk 

ok 

thanks for 1.1k reads

im not proud of this

bye