Problems, Emotions And Promises

As we arrive at the Kamisato estate, wondering what to do with the day. It's hardly noon. We enter the estate to be greeted by a cheerful Thoma and Ayato, both seem to be working on documents. We make our way to my room, and Yoimiya plops down on my bed, slightly bouncing as if to check it. 

'So, what do we do now?' Yoimiya asks, as she continues to bounce on my bed.
'Hm... It's probably best if we don't disturb Ayaka...' I say. Racking my brain of what to do. 
'We should go tell her we're here though. Right?' Yoimiya stands up from my bed, as if she had already decided that we would. 
I let out a short sigh as we head to Ayakas room. 

'Hey Ayaka, Yoimiya's gonna be over for a while, okay?' I chirp into her room.
'That's alright!' Ayaka pauses for a second, 'Just make sure she finishes the fireworks for the festival! They need them for tomorrow.'
A surprised look covers Yoimiyas usually cheery face. 
'Oh no! I forgot about that...' Yoimiya says, 'I never forget about fireworks, what's going on?!' Yoimiya clearly in distress, turns to me. 
'It's okay if you need to go. I'll be okay!' I tell her.
'Thank you so much Y/N!' She throws her arms around me. As she lets go, I start to walk her to the door. 
'Bye Yoimiya! See you tomorrow?' I can feel myself grow red. 
'Mhm, we'll do something really fun!' Yoimiya hugs me again. 
Before I can think, I'm leaning towards her. I give her a peck on the cheek. What?! Why did I do that... Oh gosh. 
But Yoimiya only smiles, her cheeks glowing a vibrant red. She runs off towards the city, leaving me stunned by the door. As I turn around I see both Ayato and Thoma looking at me shocked. Did they seriously see all that? 
Not even half a minute goes past before Thoma stands up and runs towards Ayakas room. 

'M'lady! Y/N kissed Yoimiya!' Thoma calls.
'WHAT!?' I can hear the stomping of footsteps as the pair rush out to where I'm standing. 
Yet again, I can feel my cheeks go hot. But this time, in embarrassment.  
'You did it!' Ayaka runs up to me and grabs my hand. 
'Yeah well... She kissed me last night so she did it first!' I say. Maybe I shouldn't have, but its too late now...
'Wait seriously?' Ayaka squeezes my hand and grins at me. 
'Um, yeah,' I respond, hanging my head. It's really not that big of a deal!
'Are you two a couple, then?' Ayato chuckles from where he is sitting behind the other two. 
'What!? No! Of course not!' I respond, glaring at him. Ayato is going to be like this until we become a couple. That is, if we become a couple. He's always teasing me and Ayaka about the stupidest things, but never Thoma. 
'I'm pretty sure kissing is only a thing couples really do...' Now Thoma too!? Why are they ganging up on me...
'It was only a peck on the cheek... It's not that big of a deal!' I tell them.
'Still, Y/N, I'm happy for you,' Ayaka smiles at me. 

Ayaka leads me to my room, away from the teasing boys. Where she gives me a hug. 
'You should...' Ayaka says something before stopping to think for a second, 'You should ask her to be your date to the festival. You have 5 days to prepare yourself, so... I think that would be a good idea.'
'Thanks Ayaka. You've helped a lot,' I squeeze her in our hug. Something about her feels... Off though. 

Ayaka returns to her room after a moment. But there really is something wrong. I think Thoma notices too, as he follows her to her room, closing the door behind them. I really want to know what's going on, but I cant eaves drop. I don't want to disrespect Ayakas privacy. 

I try to get my mind off it, so I look for where I put my photo of Yoimiya. I look around my room, before I find it in the bedside table. I sit on my bed and look at it for a while. It hadn't been very long before I head a knock on the door.

'Y/N? May I come in?' I hear Thoma ask from the other side of the door. 
'Yeah, sure,' I put the photo down in a way he can't see it, it would be kinda weird if he saw that I was just... Looking at her. 
'Ayaka apologises for acting strange. She said there's something going on that she can't share just yet...' He says, looking uncomfortable. 
'Oh I see, should I go see her-'
'No, she doesn't want to see you right now,' My heart broke as he said that, 'But I can try to send a message for you. I doubt she'll want to see me either though...'
'Ah. Okay... Tell her that its fine, and she can tell me whenever she's ready,' I say, trying to hold back the tears stabbing the back of my eyes. 
'Alright. I'll let her know,' Thoma exits the room and closes the door behind him.

As soon as he's gone, a tear slips out. I feel terrible. Did I do something to hurt her? I think for a second. No, I know exactly what's going on. But somehow that makes me feel worse. Ayaka is my best friend, she couldn't... No. It has to be. It's the only sound explanation! 

I don't want to talk to her unless she really wants to. It would really just be unfair to her. I didn't even notice that tears had drenched my face until a salty drop slithered into my mouth. I wipe it away, to see a puddle on my hand. Oh jeez... I feel so terrible. Is Ayaka going to hate me?

'Hey Y/N?' Looks like Thoma is back. I quickly rub my face with my sleeve. 
'Yeah?' I call back as he slightly opens the door. 
'Ayaka says she's ready to see you,' He leaves without another word. 
I stand up. I wonder if Thoma feels guilty. He could feel like it's his fault for telling Ayaka what I did at the door. As I walk down the hall, I find myself knocking at Ayakas door. 

'C-Come in!' She's stammering and her voice is shaky. I can tell that she is upset but trying to play it off cool.
'Hey Ayaka... I'm really sorry...' That's the first thing I say as I enter her room. 
'Y/N, you don't under stand,' Ayaka starts. Something about her usually welcoming aura feels so... Cold.
'Ayaka! I do, and I'm sorry I upset you!' I say, bracing myself for the next words to come out of her mouth.
'Y/N, you're my best friend,' What? 'And I'm so happy that you've found love with Yoimiya... It's just I feel so... Alone. So replaced by her. You've been my best friend for years and I love that you're happy, but...' Ayaka stops as I run to hug her. 
'You're so dumb Ayaka,' I start crying. And so am I. Why would I think Ayaka was in love with me? I'm being so dumb today, so many mistakes, 'Ayaka. I couldn't replace you. Not even if I tried. You're always going to have a special place in my heart. No one could ever replace that. No friend, no lover.'
'Y/N!' I can feel her tears fall onto me as she slowly hugs me back, 'I'm so happy to hear that... Please don't ever scare me like that again!' 
'I promise.'

A/N

HIIII!!!

thank you so much for 500 reads omg

anyway it was my plan to make ayaka in love with the reader, but then i thought 'no too many plot holes' cause yeah

+ i make this stuff up on the spot with no plans soooo

since this fanfic only has 5-10 chapters left i'd really like some suggestions on what characters to do next! (preferably not kaeya, yae, (i don't like them) baizhu (not enough info) and absolutely NOT qiqi, diona, klee, sayu or yaoyao)

also yes i did publish this twice (oops) there were some problems i needed to fix with it

have a lovely lovely day beautiful human beings!! next chapter will be released next time im bored in class