02-Stranger Danger

∆{ TW : Skip first three paras if you suffer from panic attacks or might be triggered by it }∆

Myra looked up at the hand to find the person she had hoped she'd never meet anymore, at least not on the day of the ceremony. Other people would have smiled and gone by, minding their own business but Myra couldn't as she stood there frozen. The shock of looking at this person evident on her frozen face. It seemed like the world except them had vanished completely for the person in front of her. She couldn't focus on anything else, not even the fact that her lungs were not having enough air to breathe, just the smile that slowly made it's way on the face of the person who stood looking at her fixedly.

To the others, this situation would like those cliché parts of a movie or book where the air is sucked out of them, like the infamous frat boy smiling down at the most naïve, super shy female or that one time when the notoriously handsome alpha king would find their human mate as she made her way to her part-time job at a quaint café that would be owned by another alpha whose true mate had passed away and then the two, Myra's brain couldn't handle anymore as the lack of air started affecting her body. Her body was about to collapse but her mind was running a mile a second and all the thoughts were now jumbled up.

Miraculously, she had finally managed to open her mouth to give a piece of her mind to her living nightmare but all she could manage was take big gasps of air. It was not enough. People were now gathered and staring at them, trying to figure out what she was doing with her body bend in half and both her hands on her knees, eyes closed. Myra would have been embarrassed as hell under normal conditions but this was anything but normal, like the other person. Maybe there was nothing wrong with the other, his behaviour was anything but normal, she thought after her conscience pricked her mind.

Continue reading here >>>>

She heard the door being opened and someone came out. She couldn't open her eyes and continued her attempts to bring the situation under control. Before she could understand what was happening, a hand started patting her back and another hand brought her head upto someone's shoulder and laying her head gently. There was something about this presence that comforted her and unknowingly brought tears to her eyes. The fog or whatever had got her in their clutches was finally clearing out. The muffled noises were slowly turning to words and she was feeling exhausted.

"Count with me, 1, 2, 3... just like that," the voice murmured in her ear and she started counting with shaky voice, "1, breathe, 2, breathe..." Even though she was feeling better a lot, she stayed like that with her eyes closed, head leaning on someone's shoulder. The stranger had stopped counting and so did she. Myra was finally able to breathe normally, with her mouth closed. Unfortunately with her mind clearing up, came a lot of questions. Before she was able to get used to her normal breathing, her mind fired questions at her, like soldiers firing cannons, intent on destroying the enemy.

The stranger was able to detect that the shivering girl or maybe woman had started getting tensed yet again. He thought of counting yet again but it seemed she was exhausted enough and it might actually do more harm than good. He needed to get her mind diverted from something that made her tense but he didn't have a clue about it. So he did the first thing that came to his mind. He grabbed her face with both his hands and kissed her, without letting her go.

As he had expected, the woman's eyes were flying open and looked at him with shock written on her face, at least she wasn't having breathing issues anymore. He had distanced himself but kept his hands on her face, as he tried to analyze her facial expressions. Suddenly like a bulb had switched on, he looked around and saw everyone staring, some gasping and some even making a video of what they had just witnessed. Soon his facial expression mirrored that of the woman who stood there frozen.

A/N : Thank you so much for the 10+ views. I really hope you enjoy reading this chapter and I can't wait to share more about the story.

Can I get 1 comment besties ??? Drop a 'hi' and I'll 'hi' you back 😂 Your author loves attention 🥺🥺🥺

If you haven't added this book to your library, kindly do so for getting updates regularly and tap that star button below ☆ on the bottom left.

If you haven't added this book to your library, kindly do so for getting updates regularly and tap that star button below ☆  on the bottom left