03-Personal Horror Story

Another chapter in the midst of chaos :')

Apologies for the one month gap, a short recap of the last events below

As he had expected, the woman's eyes were flying open and looked at him with shock written on her face, at least she wasn't having breathing issues anymore. He had distanced himself but kept his hands on her face, as he tried to analyze her facial expressions. Suddenly like a bulb had switched on, he looked around and saw everyone staring, some gasping and some even making a video of what they had just witnessed. Soon his facial expression mirrored that of the woman who stood there frozen.

-°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•-

The man couldn't comprehend what he had just done. He had kissed a young woman, without a woman and that too someone who was a complete stranger. He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times like a fish out of water but he couldn't form a sentence. Hell even in his mind he had nothing to say to justify his actions. His mind was in overdrive, he could literally see himself saying goodbye to his career and probably a few years in prison for what he had done.

Before the young man's mind could scare him any further, he was interrupted by the voice of the woman, "Sir!" He looked at her face properly for the first time and held his breath for everything that was to come, doom, his apparent end of life. He didn't speak just stared at her, waiting for the brutal words that had the power to perpetually end his life. However it never came.

Myra looked carefully at the man's face. Shock was apparent on his face even though he was the one who had kissed her. If anything he looked more shocked than the onlookers. She couldn't believe that one of her favorite prof had just done something of this nature. She felt all respect she had for the man vanish in an instant.

First the living nightmare on the door, now a professor kissing a student. Would she still be considered a student? She just received her certificate that verified her as a graduate. If she was lucky, probably the university wouldn't take action against her or hinder her career, she had worked so hard for.

Myra was too absorbed in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed the crowd around them thinning. "Keep moving guys, nothing to watch here," boomed the voice of her once favourite professor over the buzz and murmurs of the curious onlookers. She looked up at the man again who stood in front of her.

Somehow the man standing here felt like a stranger unlike the professor she had become familiar to. While looking at the man with the familiar face she wondered how he could sound so authoritative when he looked so shocked.

This time she was too busy trying to understand how or why everything was happening around her when she heard an irritated voice, "I said keep moving." Myra couldn't believe herself. This man had his mouth shut but she clearly heard her professor's voice. Myra thought either her eyes were deceiving her or she was hearing things. People hear strange sounds all the time in horror movies, she was also living one currently.

She let her eyes take in their surroundings, trying to compare their current predicament to that of a horror movie. The crowd had almost disappeared except for a few students who were walking towards the staircase, the nightmare was nowhere to be seen and there stood another man looking like her professor.

Myra was sure at this point that she was hallucinating. First, she thought that her professor had kissed her and now there stood another professor moving his mouth, without making any sound and walking towards them. She couldn't think clearly over the sound of her loud heart beats. What if it was actually her nightmare that had kissed her, what if the students thought she exchanged her body for grades and a thousand other what ifs.

Her head was swimming in a world of it's own as she lost consciousness and made a perfect landing on the prepared hands of the stranger. At least her head won't crack open, she would definitely clear her name, Myra thought as surrendered herself to the darkness that surrounded her.

750 words

© A. Shinrey 2022

A/N : Hopefully I'll be able to update twice each month and the thought itself makes me question when I can share the whole book with you ಥ‿ಥ