One

"Are you sure? I'm worried about you."

"Dad, please, I've traveled here a thousand times."

"I know, but this time, you're not just traveling. You're moving there without me or your mother."

"It's fine, dad. I promise you nothing bad will happen to me."

"Are you really sure? What if someone will bomb your school? What would happen to you-" at that point, you tuned out of what your dad was saying as you went through the gates with your luggage rolling behind you.

You smiled as you shook your hood off your head, to reveal your greasy hair after the long flight from Australia.

"Yep, I'm going to be fine, dad. Anyway, I've got to go, super tired. I'm gonna talk to you tomorrow." You mumbled into your phone. And before your dad could protest about you moving all the way to Korea, you hung up.

You grabbed your luggage before you started walking outside. The sun was still rising. As you were walking, you entered your current location in Kakao Taxi (which is like Uber in Korea) and entered where you wanted to go as you clicked 'Request' to send the information to nearest taxi driver.

You waited for several minutes before a Kakao taxi drove in front of you. You then went inside the back seat of the taxi.

You greeted the driver out of politeness, "Annyeonghaseyo" and he greeted back.

You let yourself rest on the back seat because it was going to be a long ride before you get into the apartment your dad had bought for you.

_____

Your eyes quickly opened as you felt the car stop.

"We are here, ma'am." The driver says in Korean. It was a good thing you knew how to speak their language. But you were still struggling a little.

"Ah ne. Thank you." You replied back in Korean as you grabbed your luggage and went outside the car.

You were about to pay the driver, but you then realised that you had already paid him on the app.

You shrugged before you looked at the building in front of you. It was very tall.

You smiled before going inside the building and in to your apartment. You let yourself rest on the clean bed that was already ready in the room because the landlord relinquished their furniture. You sighed in relief as you let yourself sleep.

You're going to have to unpack later.

_____

A few hours later, you were woken up by the loud ringing of your phone. Grabbing your phone on the bedside table, you realised it was already 10:00 AM. Realising that your phone was still ringing- it was from your dad. You picked up.

"Hey dad, I thought I told you to talk to me tomorrow?" You mumbled sleepily as you let out a yawn.

You heard your dad chuckle through the phone. "I know, but I called you because I was going to remind you about unpacking. Knowing you, you slept the whole morning."

You let out a grin, even though you knew your dad couldn't see it. "You're right. Anyway, I'm gonna start unpacking. Thanks for the reminder, dad. Bye, love you."

"Love you too. Don't do any dangerous things, alright?"

"Sure, dad. Bye." You replied as you hung up.

You sighed. Your dad could be a little irritating, but you knew he was just looking at for you.

'I've got the best dad in the world.'

You let out a small smile as you took the time to look at your room.

It was cozy. A small but cozy apartment.

Your eyes then traveled to your luggage.

"Oh yeah.. still need to unpack." You muttered before making your way to your luggage to unpack.

_____

Sitting on the couch, you sighed in relief as you finally finished unpacking.

Then, you heard a knock on the door, making you wonder who it was, knowing you didn't know any people here yet.

Sighing, you got up from the couch, and walked to door. You checked who it was using the peephole. It was two teenagers. One was a girl, and the other one was a boy. They looked like the same age as you.

You debated whether you should open the door or not. But you then saw that the girl was holding food in the girl's hands, and not just any food. It was your favourite food.

You didn't think twice to open the door. They seemed friendly, but you kept your guard up just in case they do something to you.

"Yes?" You spoke in your Australian accent, completely forgetting that you were speaking with Koreans because you got too excited that they were holding your favourite food.

And as if the sudden realisation hits you, your eyes widen. "I-i mean- Ne?" You asked again, blushing at your mistake.

The two teenagers however, were surprised at you. They knew that you just spoke English because they learned it in their class, but what surprised them the most was your accent.

The boy quickly snapped out of it as he let out a small smile. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Cheongsan." He greets you.

You let out a bright smile as you bowed at them before straightening your posture. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm L/n Y/n" you greet back.

You watched as the boy nudge the girl beside him, signalling her that she should introduce herself. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Nam On-Jo." The girl greets as she also lets out a small smile.

"Umm.. not to be rude, but... Why are you here?" You asked, going straight to the point. But you kind of knew what they were here for.

"We saw you move in next to our room, so we decided to stop by and welcome you." On-Jo spoke before giving you the food that was in her hands.

Your eyes brightened at the food before looking back at them, bowing. "Ah thank you." You thanked them. "Now, I don't have to worry about making lunch." You say, trying to lighten the mood.

They both chuckled.

"But... These are too much. Why don't you guys come in and eat it with me?" You suggested as you gestured for them to come inside.

"Oh uh... Sure." Cheongsan agreed as he and On-Jo came inside.

Kind of excited to make a story about Nam-Ra

Btw, tell me your thoughts about this story (if you want to)