Three

"Yah, what are you doing here?" On-Jo turned to you and whispered as soon as you had sat down at your chair, which was only at the back of On-Jo's chair.

Your eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean? I'm here to study, obviously." You answered. "What are you doing here?"

"This is where I study too, you know."

"Well, I didn't know."

"You didn't ask."

"Why would I even-" Your sentence got cut off as soon as you noticed that the entire class was quiet, looking at you and On-Jo, listening into your conversation.

"Well, Ms. L/n, it seems that your conversation with Ms. Nam is much more important than my lesson?"

Cheongsan snickers as he watches you getting scolded by the teacher.

He stifles a laugh when he saw your look of fear. But your face was soon replaced with an expression of relief when the teacher decided to let you off the hook for now.

You sat up straight and listened to the teacher for the whole lesson.

____

During this English lesson taught by Ms. Park, you had decided that your favourite subject was English.

It was really easy.

Obviously.

You were Australian after all.

The teacher's question was not really difficult to answer, but you decided to not answer it because you were afraid of reciting. So you had kept your head down, avoiding the teacher's eyes.

Noticing that the students had kept their heads down and didn't answer, the teacher started to call names, "Class president?"

Your eyes moved to the girl, who had looked up from her desk to look at the teacher and answered. "Well, the truth is that we all have some sort of prejudice. We all have preconceptions about other people."

For some reason, her voice induced a sense of serenity in you. You were enamored by it.

The teacher seems to be satisfied with her answer as she moves on to another student whose name is Bare-Su.

The students' attention was now on the boy, who was in his own little world a while ago.

He slowly stood up from his seat as he tried to answer with whatever his mind could come up with.

However, you did not pay any attention to him as your attention was still on to the quiet girl. You couldn't take your eyes off of her. It felt like you were in some kind of trans, unable to take move your eyes away from her.

'She's so pretty..'

Unfortunately, you were snapped out of it when the door opened, revealing a bloodied girl in her uniform.

'What the- Why is she so bloody?'

Your eyes widened as you jumped up from your seat to assist the girl. You were about to run to the bloodied girl when you were stopped by your classmates, who had already arrived to assist their classmate.

You took a step closer to them, but you couldn't understand what they were saying.

Suddenly, Ms. Park turns her head to the girl you had been admiring a while ago. "Nam-Ra, have them study. And please don't say anything to anyone until I come back and confirm the facts."

'Nam-Ra...'

You turned to face the girl, who you now know as Nam-Ra.

You didn't even notice that On-Jo and your other classmates already went out the class to go to the infirmary.