Chapter 42

*Song of the Chapter: ''I Choose You - Timeflies*

The weekend passed and i knew i couldn't stay mad at him forever. Even though i felt pretty bad about the whole lying thing, i had to talk to him. He'd obviously try and talk to me and it's not like i can go ahead and ignore him because it would just be like the last time. And the last thing i wan to do is make this thing go big again. So i decided to forgive him and forget about it but only this time. If he does it again, well sorry.

I was right, in break time, he tried hugging me but i didn't hug him back. He was acting like nothing happened at all last Friday. In lunch time, i still felt awkward talking to him because i knew deep down, i still felt so bad but i had no choice. I just had to push that thing he did away.

******

Days passed, even weeks and soon he'd grown used to Ken. Ken once came up to him and told him that he didn't want to fight and all he wanted what to be friends with him. Nathan didn't say anything, he just froze in his spot and stared down. I knew he was scared but he had to get over him pretty soon for whatever reason it is. I now have no idea what it is since it was all i big lie. I actually should have expected it to come because he hadn't told anyone and why would i think that he'd tell me? Yeah, i was stupid.

But the only problem is now that he's not that afraid of Ken anymore, it's like i feel him slowly moving away from me. I don't know how but it's like i feel like he just leaves me alone since he's not scared of him anymore. I mean sure, i was happy for him, actually very happy. He can now walk past him, eat properly, stand beside and not having to run away. That was the good thing. But now, it's like he doesn't even care anymore. He just leaves me alone like he just used me and i hate that feeling. I hate people using me. But would he actually do that to me? Use me? Even though sometimes he shows that he cares and he's being sweet and stuff, i couldn't help feel that's he was just using me.

Once, we were just walking and Nathan just went on talking to Jaydee and walked in front of me while his arm around Jaydee's shoulders, leaving me behind. What was he trying to do? Make me jealous? At that point, i was already mad. I turned to walk away and guess what? He noticed i was gone and didn't even bother looking for me. 

Wow. Nice going Nathan..

"Dude, are you okay?" Cheska asked me noticing my unnatural behavior.

"Um? Uh, yeah I'm fine," I said, trying to act happy.

"Dude, Nathan thinks your ignoring him. Are you?" Cheska said.

"How'd you know that?" 

"He just told me just now when you turned around and left," Cheska said.

"Oh wow, he noticed. How surprising," I said, sarcastically.

Cheska looked at me with a face and i rolled my eyes. "Look, I'm sorry ok? I just don't- i don't know. I feel like he's using me now. Ever since he's ok with Ken, he doesn't even bother to talk to me anymore. Just like a while ago, i left he didn't even care."

"That's because they found a snake in one of the classrooms and he was checking it out," Cheska said.

"Oh," That caught me off guard. "Well can you explain how he just puts his arm on Jaydee like he's making me jealous on purpose? How he just lets me walk behind them alone?"

"That, i can't explain. I mean, the jealous thing is normal but leaving you behind? That's kinda going overboard," She said.

"Exactly," I said.

But that all changed after school when he showed me something he wrote. While we were walking down the halls, Nathan hugged me with one arm since the other was occupied with his books. Then, when i held his arm, i saw something written on his wrist. He pulled down his arm so i couldn't see but Tamie help me pull his arm back up so finally he just surrendered and let me see. It said: 'Kate <3'