TWO || I'm Not a Hero (!)

TW // Blood in this chapter. Feel free to skip if uncomfortable.
-----

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, Sakari." Mamoru groaned internally. "I'm not a hero. Why do the entities think that I'm capable of being one?"

Sakari breathed in sharply on the other line. "...Well, the Crimson Raven cases are personal for you and they do feel like you would be suitable to help solve them."

Mamoru sunk back into his chair, swiveling it around to where its back was facing Katsuro. "Even so, I don't think I am. I've been trying to solve the one case of my stepfather for years! It just seems sudden that...that they made me the new 'chosen one'. It's not going to work out like it did for you, Sakari."

Sakari soughed, pinching the bridge of her nose. He was referring to the story she talked about back in high school, when she and her friends had returned from Tigoris and started their new school year. "I know, but even I had to face the facts of reality later on. So you have to do the same as well. Let's face it, Mamoru. If you do agree, then hopefully this will lead to you finally finding who killed your stepfather. The frustration will be over."

Mamoru blinked; his old classmate did have a point. "...I'll think about it and let you know later today. For now, I need to do the tour. Talk to you later."

"Same to you." Sakari nodded and the two said their goodbyes, hanging up. When Mamoru turned around, seeing Ryu and Stella there.

Ryu was tall and had brown skin, with white dreadlocks. Part of xis hair had been shaved to the side and xis hair was up in a ponytail. He had purple hues and despite his outfit being a semi-formal one due to his first day on the job, it had a lovecore theme to it. 

Stella was a bit shorter, their hair being the same as their friend's, but purple. She had pointy ears and dark brown skin, having three eyes like their father, Eidok. They were dressed in a semi-formal outfit, their red hues looking over at the two.

"Um, I hope we didn't interrupt anything?" Ryu voiced, looking a bit confused. He and Stella shared confused looks.

"Oh, no, you didn't. Something came up. You two must be Ryu and Stella, right?" When they nodded, Mamoru smiled as a way of saying it was nice to meet them, before waving a hand into the air. "Let's just get on with the tour." 

He led them around the building, which showed the numerous amount of desks and workers there. There were break rooms for people to relax and get some beverages from the drink machine. In the corner were drawers with files in them.

Most of the desks had the worker's names on taped pieces of paper, but a couple didn't, meaning they were open. Mamoru looked at the three new recruits, gesturing to them with a smile. "Feel free to take these if you want and put your names on the papers."

"Thanks, sir! I guess that's the end of the tour?" Ryu wondered.

"It is. It's not much, but..." Mamoru took a moment, something just occurring. "You three have gone through physical training before, right?"

"Oh, yeah we have. It was required." Katsuko reassured him. "Nari helped train us at the headquarters she works at." 

"Nice! So you guys will be prepared for the most part." Mamoru was a bit relieved, since he wasn't one experienced with giving physical training lessons to others. " If you need me, I'll be in my office."

"Alright!" Stella did a thumbs up, looking at Katsuro and Ryu getting comfortable at their desks. Theirs was right next to each other, while Stella's was across from Ryu's. As her hearing got situated more to the sounds of keyboards and small chatter, she faced her two friends with excitement. "I can't believe you guys also got the job here, too. Isn't that exciting?"