SIX || Emerald in the Rough*

* Will have mentions of blood but nothing too big, will still be bolded, though. Same with a slight emetophobia warning! Chapters that have more in-depth blood/gore descriptions and other topics will have the warning emoji. Minimal ones will have the asterisk.

------

"ARE YOU telling me that one of my best members left?!"

Acacius' tone was sharp, bouncing off of the walls of his throne room. The castle looked eerily similar to how Tobias' did, but it was more of a fusion between that and his sibling Solaria's back on Tigoris.

A brown-haired entity's ears dropped as they heard their boss' voice boom throughout the place. Their tail acted the same as their ears did as a meek node and voice answered to the higher up. "...Y-yes, sir. The diamond on his earring...it stopped working. I could tell since...since all of those are connected." 

Their words were true; the diamonds were all created from the same thing that created them. Whatever it was, that was unknown and secret.

A scoff left his lips and Airalos pinched the bridge of his nose. "That's just great. Yet another one after all these years. He's no different than—!" The cut off was from frustration and he shook his head, running a hand through his hair. Silence  drifted through the room, his yellow eyes locking on the Crimson Raven member before him.

"...Never mind. Baros, I have a task for you to do."

The member's ears perked up underneath their hood, but they stayed quiet. He handed them the paper and they gasped, the person being targeted was very familiar to them.

"Airalos, sir, I-I can't do this! They're my sibling! I can't do this to th—"

The earring glowed beneath the hood and Airalos brought them forward, his hand glowing a magenta color. As he peered down at them, his eyes glowed with that eerie red diamond shape for a moment.

"I don't care if they are. They know my brother and anyone related to my brother will pay. Find them or I will make sure you never set foot in this organization again. Understood?"

Chills ran up Baros' spine and a gasp sharply left their throat at the earring shining more. Pain started to spread through their head, very similar to a migraine. "U-Understood!"

Just like that, the pain subsided and Baros felt control over their body again, gasping for air and holding their head. Their white hair showed for a moment due to their hood coming down, but they quickly put it up after they ran out of the room.

Airalos huffed and looked back down at the papers, especially of the mentioned target. "...One by one, his friends will all fall."

__________________________________________

It was now a week since the first case. The trio was adapting to their jobs, having helped with paperwork due to there being no other murder at the moment. 

As for Bastiaan, he and Flore were still working things out. Flore wasn't going to forgive the entity easily, especially given that Keibi was their child. They did feel for Bastiaan being forced to do this and the axolotl was making up for that with community service, getting along well with others there, including Kurorai, Kuroma, and Aerial. He hoped to get around to talking to Solaria soon.

Mamoru had assigned Katsuro and Ryu to help some of the employees clean up old files, ones that belonged to cases he already solved. The detective sometimes did a clean-up of the agency so it was new and not cluttered, so the employees often assisted in helping out.