ELEVEN || Agony of Two [2/3]

KATSURO'S MOUTH OPENED IN COMPLETE SHOCK. "Wait...run that by us again?"

"Her name is Celare Aiwami." Fenelia noted, looking concerned at seeing the young adult's reaction. It very much mirrored the others', but at a more emotional rate. "Something wrong?"

"Yes...um, my grandmother is named Aiwami Hinagu." he could feel his heart racing with worry now. He wringed his hands nervously. "This could just be a coincidence, right?" He was really hoping that his suspicions weren't correct.

"Aiwami Hinagu?" Fenelia mirrored the name and frowned. "Not many entities sported the surname Aiwami, so she and her family were one of the first. But I do unfortunately believe that is your grandmother, lad." her expression went solemn upon seeing the shock finally set in on the young man's face. "She never told you?"

"N-No...not even my parent." Katsuro voiced, referring to Sakari. "Gosh...they're gonna be so distraught by this but, I feel like my grandma must've kept this hidden for a reason." he began fiddling with his hands, a nervous tic he inherited from both parents. "Her being a guard and all, a-and now this..."

He could feel tears welling up in his throat. The others noticed and Mamoru rested a hand on his shoulder. "You're right. I don't think Aiwami realized that she would be targeted now of all times, but...we need to tell her right away about this. Her life is in danger and more than likely yours, too. And Sakari's if the killers even try and do that."

The detective's eyes shifted to the Shiori's, showing a look of determination and protectiveness. He didn't know Katsuro well enough yet, but he didn't want to have the young man's family in harm's way. He had already experienced that himself years ago. "I'm sorry to cut the conversation off like this, but...we need to go back to Earth. Thank you for letting us know. We will need to let Aiwami know about this..." he almost lost track on his words, squeezing Katsuro's shoulder, "new Nanami info, too."

Katsuro gave him a small, reassuring smile, but it melted back into a scared, folded line. He never thought this would happen and he really hoped his family would be alright.

If these two killers dare lay a finger on them, there would be hell to pay. 

"Eventually, we will need to find out from Kōri as well regarding the possible relation to these killers, too." Stella noted, her ears drooped down due to the stressful situation at hand. "I never thought this case would take this kind of a turn."

Mamoru nodded in agreement before looking at Kiyo. "Kiyo, could you take us to the Hinagu house please?"

______________________________________

Back at the Shioshi residence, Shisui heard the sound of jangling keys from the kitchen. Followed soon after was his spouse, who looked like they were planning to head out somewhere. Confusion set in before the blunette remembered that Sakari planned to visit her mother today.

"Oh! Going to visit Aiwami?"

"Yeah I am. I won't be gone long though, sweetie." Sakari noted, putting the keys in her pocket. "It's only a couple blocks down there. I just thought I'd drop by given what happened earlier today."

"That's very sweet of you, hun." the two shared cheek kisses for a moment. "I wish I could come but I have to look over the students' paperwork and make dinner."

"It's alright." Sakari gave her a soft smile and started making her way out,  looking over their shoulder at their wife. "Let Katsuro know that I'll be gone ."

After hearing the 'I will', Sakari set off and made her way to the Hinagu house. She was in a pretty good mood today and felt like this visit would definitely perk up her mom's day.