Chapter 2

Echo 

"Next time that prick of a Badger comes near me, I'm gonna bite his ears off!"

I yowled from my nest, snarling to Poppy.

"I swear, the only thing that brings him joy is torturing me!"

"I'm sure that's not true..he just..hates you! Alright, so maybe it is true, but at least he's not physically harming you!"

"Poppy. He just sentenced me to no food or water for an entire 48 hours. That could harm me."

Seth was one of the evilest creatures alive. That had been established after he banished a Queen for snapping at him after he stepped on one of her kits! Seth has driven the ideals of power into the other Badger's minds, making them malevolent instruments of his vicious scheme. He took joy in the suffering of others. Empress told me that that feeling was called schadenfreude. He probably only existed due to the fact the Warren was full of suffering, and of course, he loved that. I sighed loudly; irritated. Why did Seth get to order us around, damaging the rest of our psyches to the point of borderline brainwashing? Its not fair

A scream sounded from somewhere down the tunnel. My ears perked and Poppy jumped up. We followed the sound down the hall and into the mess cave. We came to a stop to find Seth leaning his heft onto the body of a-wait, what is that?. That was the moment it managed to squirm to the other side. It was kit! I held back a gasp. I held back everything I was feeling, and rushed to the kits rescue, grabbing it from under Seths dagger like claws. 

"What the fuck!? What in the Warren possessed you to do that!?"

Seth just glared. Fucking smiling.

I was snarling at him, anger unchecked now that the kit was safe. I've heard that he's stepped on kits before, but now he was intentionally harming-no, killing them! I took the kit back to the nursery, and rushed back to my den.

Poppy was waiting there, and I was furious. 

Without thinking, without even realizing what I was doing, I said.

"We have to kill him. It's literally the only logical way for his reign of ruthless terror to end."

My eyes widened after I finished, but I didn't take the words back.

Poppy, instead of using her usual voice of innocent reason, nodded solemnly and said

"Ok. But, we should tell Empress."