Part 4

You rushed into the open space of the forest. Relieved, you took in a breath of the beautiful spring air. All around, beautiful flowers budded, and bright greens sprung up from the waking trees. You didn't care of it was just a memory. It was still good to be back.

"Hey!" Your voice called..but it wasn't you. Looking at the house, you saw it wasn't quite complete yet. Standing on top of the log cabin, was your past self. Your hair was up in a ponytail, and two large rubber gloves covered your hands. With a smirk, you remembered the funny story that would someday end those gloves of yours. "I dropped my hammer!" You called. Out of the house bounced Angie. Your smile dropped, mouth open slightly.

"Yeh? Where'd you drop it?!"

"Oh..no, no- no!!" Quickly, you bolted towards them. You were too far away, and no one heard you. Herobrine stood behind you, curious.

"(Y/n)!! Y- you can't change the past!!" He called, but you didn't listen. However, it was too late when you arrived. You stopped in your place once Angie had picked up the hammer, her eyes widening when she saw a surprise had been left on it. You fell to your knees.

"(Y/n)?!?! A-.. a RING?!" Your past self jumped down from the roof. When you recovered from the jump, your past self smiled widely, grasping Angie's hand which held the ring, and, got down on one knee..

"Angie...? Will... Will you..? Will you marry me?" You grinned. Angie's eyes were filled with water, a smile so big on her face you could see if from miles away. Your eyes watered...but for a different reason.

Herobrine slunk to his knees beside you.

"Ahhhh, so she was the one you had a crush on." He smiled happily for you, but that quickly shifted when he saw your distraught, tear filled face.

"...I never should have proposed to her.." Your lower lip quivered. Again, you two looked forward as the sky darkened. It was like time was being fast forward. As the time progressed, the house was finished and gardens were planted. Time again slowed down, and it rested again on a dark night. Like last time, a warm glow from inside lit up the ground outside. It was...not quiet inside, however. You flinched, hearing Angie's shrieks again.

...She got it from her father...

Through the window, you saw a backup log from the fire was thrown at you, and to escape it, you ran out of the house. Your past self's nose was bleeding, and the other you grasped at grass and random leaves to block the flow. As your past self sat on your knees, holding her nose carefully, you shivered on the ground, remembering them the bruises and cut on your face.

It was hard to explain what had gone wrong. You couldn't blame Angie 100% either, because even you had made some mistakes here and there. You could have tried better to make it work...but.. it was there that you gave up.

Again, a large warm hand rested on your shoulder. "I'm sor-" You interrupted his potty for you, grabbing the man and hugging him tightly.

"I d- I di- I d...idn't want it to end it like that.." you whaled. Large arms wrapped around you, one hand of which stroked through your hair. He turned your body away from the log cabin, so you didn't have to see that any more. 

"No one does.." He whispered. "But we move on.... We get better.."

"Not me.." you sniffled.

"Hm?"

"I-.... I never wanted to leave her. That's why.." You couldn't finish, just hurrying your face into Herobrine's chest. You were hugged tighter in return. You had a good cry, and then, finally,

"Do you... Do you feel ready to go now..?"

"Where?.."

"....You already know.." Herobrine sighed. It was true. In her gut, she felt it the whole time.

"I want to... I want to see her again.." You, tearfully, looked up into the man's glowing eyes. He.. wasn't so sure you could handle that..but.. eventually, he nodded slowly.

"Alright... But we have to hurry. I don't want your time to run out.." He agreed.

"Thank you!" One final hug.