𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | 𝐀

As tempting as the idea was, Y/N couldn't accept it.

Sofie was leaving for the weekend to visit her parents in London, possibly stopping by Diagon Alley to do some shopping as well.

Christmas was fast approaching and on this particular day, Hogwarts was nearly empty. She understood why Sofie kept a watchful eye on her almost all the time, not wanting to risk losing another friend whether it was by distance or fate. She had tried for days to talk her into accepting the invitation. Unbeknownst to her, some plans were stopping Y/N from doing so.

As if on cue, Sofie appeared by the door, lugging her seemingly heavy trunk behind her.

"At least tell me if you need anything from George's shop, or anywhere else..." She panted breathlessly, bending over to place her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath.

Her body tensed up a bit at the mention of redheads, but quickly collected herself, nudging Sofie playfully on the arm.

"Ran a marathon, didn't you?" Y/N chuckled heartily, taking the lead and pulling the trunk along the way. It wasn't as heavy as she was making it to be. "You're getting old, lady."

Sofie made a sound to complain at first, but then her laugh echoed around the corridor as she took quick steps to match her pace and walk by her side.

"Just come back safe. That's all I'm asking for."

"Maybe I'll bring you one of those aging potions they had used in Triwizard Tournament, so that we can get old together."

They embraced each other into a long hug before Sofie departed and dissappeared behind the spiral staircase towards the headmistress's study, the only reliable place where she could use apparition.

She shook her head and smiled to herself, reminiscing about that day when both of the twins had literally sprouted long white beards just because they wanted to experience the thrill of such deadly tournament.

Oh the thrill...

Her smile had faded by the time she reached the quarters, stopping by for a short moment to stare at the door that would lead to Remus's office. It was closed, and so was her room's door seconds later. She seized the opportunity and marched towards her bed, pulling his scarf from beneath the mattress and wrapping it around her.

It was easier to breathe with that woolen piece close to her. She couldn't deny it. She had it by her side every night.

"I'll always be by your side."

She inhaled deeply and walked towards the frosty window, watching as groups of students were readying themselves for last Hogsmeade trip of the year, some handing in their permission letters and some others playing around, throwing snow balls at each other.

The castle was really going to be empty.

Today was the day she could give it her best shot.

Looking around the room, she wondered why Sofie had insisted on going back to their old dorm instead of staying here. Whatever the reason was, her sudden determination indicated that she was going to find out very soon.

The packing didn't take so long. Now all she had to do was to levitate the boxes down towards the basement, slip past the kitchen elves and it would be done.