𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

BRIELLE'S LEGS swung from the swing, a boy next to her—the breeze swindling through her locs. It had been the summer time in Crenshaw which meant barbecues' and pool parties throughout the block.

Brielle Woods had lived in the hood all her life, the sixteen year old was taught the game was rigged early on when she was told that going outside with a toy gun could cost her the life her parents had given to her—"your destined for greatness" her mother always whispered in her ears, every night before bed, she'd make sure she knew it too. See, Brielle wasn't allowed to do most of the things her peers could, the farthest she and her siblings could go was the park a little down the street and that had only been allowed with spence or her older brother.

The only house she'd been allowed to sleep over at was her 'aunt' Graces and that was only because the two had similar rules for their children, bound for greatness, nothing less, always more, The Woods' moved to beverly hills when she turned thirteen, her birthday being spent in a empty house that was slowly being decorated, in beverly hills, that caused Nyrema to have a new listing that was obviously approved by her father, no more Crenshaw.

If she wanted to hang out with spence or coop they'd have to come there and she didn't wanna see anymore of that 'Shawn' boy sniffing around, that's how she ended up at that same childhood park not knowing it would be the last time she'd speak to her friends—Brielle gripped the swing, Shawns' head hanging low, "look- I know it hurts but you can't go around doing stupid stuff" Brie discouraged him.

   Shawn Scott—her first boyfriend.

   "No? then what am I supposed to do! let him get away with it?" he had anger in his voice, eyes tearing up. This was who he is, it's who he was born to be, her mother said, In Crenshaw it was always the ladder kids who couldn't escape it unless death came for them and her heart beat in fear that it was shadowing up on him, just how it had his brother, she and Spencer would make something great of themselves, it was what they were made for but Shawn, he was a statistic and that's why she had to stay away.

Nyrema wasn't raising numbers on a chart, "you have other options, it doesn't have to be this way, you're letting him choose your future you can go to school, you can be more, you-you don't have to be a number on some chart!" Brie quoted her mother, her hands itching with nerves.

"Now you care about me? you're the one who left me here, I don't need this from you" Shawn argued back—speaking from the chest, he was the only one without an escape, something to make leaving easier, he had dreams he had hopes, but that wasn't enough, Spencer had football, Brielle had Track and well coop? she had music, she had Spencer, "that wasn't in my control and you know it!" her eyes began to swell up.

"Listen to me, just listen" Brielle wiped her eyes, her hands shaking "before we did this whole dating thing you were my best friend, you have been for years but if you do this, you know I can't have that in my life, you don't have to choose the path, do you really think your mom can handle loosing two sons? is that what you wanna put her through?" her hands cupped his face.

Shawn moved her hands, his eyebrows furrowing, Brielle's arms wrapped around his torso, squeezing like if she stopped he'd disappear, gone with the wind "I have to do this, for my brother" he said as her lip quivered.

Her mouth opened, preparing to speak as a voice yelled for her "Brielle Marie Woods!" Nyrema and Grace stood at the park entrance, her mothers arm crossed over one another, her attention focused on Shawn's face, his head turning to the two woman, "I love you, Brie" he uttered before running the opposite direction.

"Shawn-" she tried.

"Didn't I tell you not to come here? you snuck out of my house for some gangbang-" Nyrema started, Grace tried to grab her arm but failed.

Brielle pushed past her mother, tears streaming down her face "i'm talking to you-"

"Ny, the boys brother just died," Grace spoke up, her head hanging, Nyrema's eyebrows narrowed, all the conversations replaying in her head.

And that, was the last day she stepped foot in Crenshaw.

•••
crystal speaking
OHEMGEEEEEEEEEEE
this chapter actually bought
tears to my eyes
the next update will be the graphics
and playlist please interact!
unedited

•••crystal speakingOHEMGEEEEEEEEEEE this chapter actually bought tears to my eyesthe next update will be the graphicsand playlist please interact!unedited