chaper one

Brielle clasped her hands together, her body jumping up and down as Jordan ran towards the end zone, Layla holding her hand with a grin tugging at their mouths—an average Friday night in Beverly hills for the two teens, one's boyfriend playing while the other cheered for half the time, only coming because her friend begged her.

The teenage dream.

"Go Jordan!" Brie shouted, number one being written on her face the baggiest jersey below it, it had been the first game of the season and it was tradition to hand out jerseys, Layla wore Asher's almost every year and she wore JJ's, until this year when Olivia said she wouldn't be coming to this game or any for that matter, throughout the years she could feel the crenshaw fading in her, piece by piece, restless night by restless night 'Jordan Baker scores the touchdown!' the announcer said and she could've sworn the entire student body went crazy.

She let go of her bestfriends hand, hopping in place "someone's excited" Layla side eyed the girl, this had been year three of her match making the two together and Brielle was sure it would fail just how it had the years before, Brielle rolled her eyes, the half time clock striking, "Layla let it go, I do not like that boy like that" she dismissed her friend of years.

"You need to, he's surely not hard to look at I tell you that much" Layla nudged her shoulder, a tiny dance being displayed from her, Jordan looked to the stands, the thought meaning a lot to him—when Olivia said she wasn't coming her understood but he didn't understand, his sister had been to every game since they were just learning to walk and it would be the first time she wasn't, he smiled at her and she returned the gesture, a small smile in return.

"See! chemistry" Layla ooo'ed.

"Calling your boyfriend's best friend 'not hard to look at' is not normal Layla" her finger went into the girls shoulder "someone's jelly."

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

   Brielle found herself walking towards her parents car, Re'naye waiting in the passenger seat after saying bye to her boyfriend, the two had been close in relation, but how any other sisters would be—they'd relied on each-other during her older sisters years at Crenshaw,  it was the kind of bond you'd only find in your own blood, always watching out for any spiteful girls in the neighborhood or in the area and unlike Brie and Shawn, Re'naye and her boyfriend had been together for years.

   The two met during her freshman year of highschool and have been together since, it was now their senior year and they still had plans on being together even when Re'naye was moving for college, Brielle tightened her grip around the bag, the big #1 on her cheek peeling off with each gust of wind that hit her face "Hey- Brie, wait up!" Jordan's voice caught her attention, her head swung in his direction.

   "Oh...hey" he took her by surprise, his tall frame approaching hers, his football gear still on and the scent lingering in her nostrils "hey" he paused, freezing in between sentences "so, I wanted to say thank you for the jersey, I really needed the support so, even though we lost, thank you" Jordan chuckled, doing his best to make the situation less awkward.

   Brie tucked her locs behind her ear, a small smile retaining on her face "It was really no big deal, anything for a friend, now you owe me I guess" she responded, her head cocking to the side at the sweetness in her voice spoke for her "oh really? what do I owe you?" he asked.

   "Wings from the Cafe, extra ranch" Brielle joked, her phone going off in her backpack, as she reached for it Jordan got closer "right right, obviously" the two laughed.