chaper two

Brielle opened the front door, her fingers moving as fast as possible to turn off the alarm, typing in the birth year of her brother—it stopped going off as her mother walked down the stairs, robe on as if she'd just gotten out the shower, hair tied in a scarf "where the hell were you!" the woman raised her voice, the sound of a bedroom door opening from the top of the stairs.

   "I went to see Spencer" she calmly responded, her mind being ammuned to this situation, she walked down the hallway, dropping her keys in the bowl by the front door, passing her mother completely and heading towards the kitchen.

   Brie could smell the anger boiling in her mother, the disappointment making an broad appearance on her mothers face as the woman shook her head "you're lying" her mother kissed her teeth at her, "you were with that boy" she followed up.

   "I don't have time for this" she murmured, spacing off as she grabbed her leftovers out of the fridge, her mothers head cocked to the side, a wave of disrespect hitting her, "give me that damn phone" Nyrema said, Brielle took a deep breath before facing her mother.

"I didn't even do anything I just went to see my friend" Brielle defended, her bag now sitting on one of the stools, the woman's hand didn't move an inch, her hand open waiting to receive the phone—Brielle groaned as she put it in the woman's hand "swear I can't even blink without it being a issue" she mumbled under breath, storming off into her room.

"You'll get it back when you learn some damn respect!" she shouted at her child, watching her get further into the distance.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

   Layla sat a few inches away from the girl, her straight hair sitting on her shoulders as she played with it, Brielle's mind couldn't stop replaying the conversation she'd had the night before, wondering if Spencer had just been dodging her or if she'd taken new routes to purposely so the two wouldn't have to interact, "did you see the post Jordan made?" Layla questioned, Brie shook her head no and that's when she whipped out her phone.

It had been a picture of the two in a slide show of four pictures max, Jordan's arm around she shoulder as they threw up rock star signs with their hands, Hadley, Jordan's fling of the last couple months sat with the group—it had almost been like Layla had no shame with the things she'd said out loud most of the time "cool, he didn't tag me" Brielle responded.

Just as she spoke Jordan walked up to the group of six, her brother and Spencer accompanying him, her heart dropped, a slow gulp besides it, almost If God himself had been staring down and ignoring every internal prayer she'd done that day "Spencer, meet Lucy, Hadley and JJ, up top Layla, Asher and Brielle" Jordan introduced the group, Spencer's eyes met hers, waving to her in specifically.

"Hey Brie" he said.

"Sup" she responded, her head falling back into her notebook, Layla looked between the two, everyone turning to the sighting, "you two already know eachother?" Jordan asked, Spencer nodded before the other boy spoke again.

"Cool" he said back.

"Spence is a Wide, ain't that right" Miles changed the topic, his hand finding the boys shoulder. Spencer was sometimes like the older brother the boy never had, having two sisters he needed that kind of bond outside of the hair brushes and bathroom arguments, they'd been close ever since Miles joined the little league team with Coop and Spencer "so is Ash, he beat a record last season for most interceptions" JJ spoke up.

   Asher could see his girlfriend out the corner of his eye staring the boy up and down, whether she realized it or not her body language changed completely, hair on one side as she sat up straight "yea, I beat three" Spencer responded, Asher's eyes narrowed, "crips or bloods? i'm dying to check out a crip walk for real, only seen them on youtube" Asher joked.

   Everyone in a one mile radius sat up to his comment, majority of the people surrounding him being black—Brielle's eyebrows rose up, the girl staring at Layla expectantly "Asher!" her friend shouted at the boy next to her, "please, you wouldn't know a crip walk if it bit you in the damn white ass" JJ tried to kill the situation.

  Spencer tightened up, "he's just joking" Jordan said.

   "Nah it ain't seem like a joke to me" Spencer's voice raised, standing to his feet, his backpack on his back "stop being so sensitive" Asher said.

   "Sensitive?" Spencer scoffed, shaking his head "yo, thanks for the welcome" Spencer spoke to Jordan as he walked off.

   "What the hell is wrong with you!" Layla cursed at her boyfriend, following behind Miles who'd taken to his side—Brie knew she should've been the one to go but something in her stomach said he didn't want her presence anyways.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

   Her legs raced faster than her mind, the feeling of going around the track emptying her guilty conscience, every issue she previously had disappearing at once, Brielle stopped, her hands toppling her knees as her attention turned to the football practice being held. Mr baker had the boys around him in a circle, the sounds of inspiration pouring out of his mouth.

   Billy Baker had been the father of both Olivia and Jordan and while she knew he and her parents went way back she never knew how far 'way back' was, he was the only person who had their back when they first moved to the area, the 'poor family from Crenshaw' wasn't the most accepted from the jump, many parents wondered exactly how they made it here, some teens making despicable remarks at the three teens, for some reason Re'naye seemed to have it the worst. As for Miles it had almost been like Billy took him under his wing immediately.

   Miles helped his team by a far stretch, the team not only becoming stronger but winning more games when it came to Billy coaching, she'd like to think he recruited the boy for his team, Brielle remembers seeing the man around the house a couple weeks before they moved, she thought he had been some type of repair man but he was the first visitor once they moved in their house in the hills.

   Brie knew he recruited Spencer, never in a million years would he just decided to transfer, it wasn't like Grace was in any place to afford to move but back then, she swore her family wasn't either—her eyes focused on both Jordan and Asher getting in Spencer's face, her brother running to his defense as Billy moved his way over there, a tiny bit of her being happy he was there, it wasn't like she hadn't missed her best friend. Spencer walked down the field, having a seat on his helmet near the bench, Miles shaking his head.

"Woods! unless you plan on running a route finish your warm up!" Coach Xander yelled, her whistle being blown at the girl.

crystal speaking
crystal writing a pre-written chapter? WOW growth! anyways are we feeling miles? spencer??? Jordan's story line in this book will deepen dw it's only chapter two

playlist updated!

unedited