the truth

Lizzies pov

I was Furious the person I thought I could trust more than anyone else betrayed me.

Lizzie. Jo why would you do that I trusted you and you lied to me for years. Hope didn't deserve to be treated like that especially after she lost her parents. There is also the fact that you started that fire in her room and you didn't even tell anybody she lost so much already and you took more away from her.

Josie. Lizzie
i'm sorry there's not a day that I don't regret setting that fire and I had such a big crush on Hope back then and I know you guys weren't ever really friends but I thought you were going to take her away you always win.

Lizzie. Jo do you hear yourself this is not a damn game she's a person she's not a trophy to be won and are you even really sorry or are you just sorry you got caught. I probably wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't heard you taking to Satan about this. you shouldn't be apologizing to me hope is the one that deserves the apology.

In my head

I can't believe Jo just said all those things I don't want to be here I grab my backpack shove some clothes in it and head to the door.

Josie. Liz where are you going why are you taking clothes with you.

Lizzie. None of your damn business anywhere's better than here.

I throw open the door and I see hope standing there tears in her beautiful blue eyes she looks at Josie and says.

Hope. I thought we were friends

She runs away crying I just had to follow her she shouldn't be crying like that. I catch up to her she is looking at the floor as we're walking she doesn't even notice Landon and Raf playing around in the hallway they almost bumped into her so I pull her close to me and give them a cold glare. She looks so small so fragile she looks up at me and says

Hope. I didn't mean to overhear you guys I was just going to ask you about the homework and I I why would Josie do that we all could have been friends.

I just hugged her I couldn't help but get more angry with Josie was hope's only friend at this school she was lucky hope trusted her in the first place this poor girl in my arms has been through so much. I would do anything to take away the pain she feels right now.

Lizzie. Hope I'm sorry I knew deep down you would never say those things it's just that I felt so alone and everybody was an enemy to me and I thought you were just trying to get attention I should have been there for you.

Hope. I know Liz it's okay if you really thought I said those things then I completely understand why you were mad. My family has mental health issues to so I would never make fun of you like that I don't take it lightly  I think I'll just go to my room.

she says but does it let go. I rub circles on her back to help soothe her I noticed she is clinging onto my shirt.

Lizzie. Do you want me to go with you 

Hope. yes

She said in the crook of my neck. I hold her for a little longer before we let go to her room.