friends

Lizzie pov

we walk into hopes room we're both quiet for a moment before she grabs her pajamas and tells me.

Hope. I'm going to change in the bathroom.

Lizzie. isn't it a little early it's only four.

Hope. yeah but it's a Friday and I don't really feel like going out.

she walks into the bathroom
so I guess I will change too I put on some black sweatpants and a gray t-shirt from my bag and wait for her to come out of the bathroom.
I just realized I've never been in her room before yeah I would pass by or knock on the door to give her a message from dad but I've never been in here before. I know what we've both done and said to each other but I really want to try and be friends with hope. Afternoon she walks out the bathroom she sleeps on the bed next to me.

Hope. Hey listen I know we're not friends but want to watch a movie I kind of need a distraction.

I don't know why but I instantly feel at home in here.

Lizzie. sure what did you have in mind

Hope. I was thinking we could pick something together

We couldn't pick a movie so we decided to watch Orange is the New Black after about 5 minutes hope lays her head on my shoulder. After a couple of hours hope says

Hope. I'm hungry

Lizzie. Okay want to go out to eat I'll drive

Hope. Okay thanks Liz

We both put on our shoes and hope hands me an oversized New Orleans hoodie while putting on her own jacket we're both still in our sweats but we don't really care.

Lizzie. Are you ready hope

Hope. yup let's go