Chapter 3: The Raid

"Ma this is Ava, a friend from school"

Mom)"Well it's nice to meet you Ava, dear"

I smiled softly as I watched my mom and best friend interact with each other and talk about different things and this made me so grateful for having the best people around me while I grew up instead of what could of been if I grew up in the Todoroki household, every time I think about what could of been I get a shiver go down my spine because I know that everything that goes on in the house is far from good but instead a nightmare, I'm so looking forward to meeting my siblings some point from everything I've heard from Touya and mom.

After spending the afternoon talking and laughing with mom me and Ava said our goodbyes before I kissed mom on the cheek and leaving promising to come by every weekend from now onwards, she loved that idea and gave me a few pictures of my siblings so I knew what they looked like which made me smile so big and hugged her thanking her, once I got home Touya wasn't home but a note was left telling me that he'll be back later and that dinner was in the fridge.

It wasn't unusual for him to stay out late "working" which I knew all too well was villain work or sketchy work just to get money for food and bills so I wasn't complaining if it meant that a roof was over my head also food on the table, I just pray that my brother doesn't get hurt, caught or killed while doing his "work" and comes home every time to me because I don't know what I'll do if that day came he never came home, I might do something irrational or stupid.

I dumped my school bag on the kitchen counter then went upstairs to my room and got changed into a hoodie and joggers then took my hair down letting my [H/C] hair fall out of its ponytail it was in, I grabbed the tv remote and turned it onto a show that I was currently hooked on while I went and get my dinner from the fridge heating it up and sat down on the sofa eating it watching tv, this was how my evenings usually goes.

A Year Later...

"Com'on bro, I'm going to school not walking into a drug store, what's gotten you all up tight?" 

Touya)"Nothing for you to worry about, just be careful on your way to school okay angle?"

"Yep! Bye boo, I'll see you after school"

It's been a year since I've been going and seeing mom every weekend which made Touya happy that I've got a relationship with mom and I was thankful for it also because it might just be one of the best things I have ever did, although Touya has been alittle on edge recently and every time I ask him what's the matter he just brushes it off and changes the subject, it's weird but if he doesn't want me to know then I'll leave it alone.

I'm now a third year in junior high and just turned 15 which Touya still questions where all that time has gone because its like time sped up then poof I'm a 15 year old teen girl, I spent the morning of my birthday with mom this year then the evening with Touya which he was ok with considering mom missed years of celebrating my birthdays with me, she gave me a book filled with photos of my siblings when they where little that I will forever cherish. 

Mihoko)"[Y/N]! There you are! Did you hear?"

"Huh? hear what?"

Mihoko)"That there's a villain called Dabi going around town comitting arson, the hero's are close on finding out who he is"

My eyes widened and my breath hitched this must be what was making Touya nervous over the last few weeks, hearing that the hero's as hot on his trail made me worry that they might actually figure him out and where we live then that would be a big problem for both of us not only him, for the rest of the day I wasn't completely paying attention to my classes but lost in my thoughts that was running a mile a minute worrying about Touya.

Teacher)"[Y/N], Can I have you back in the room please"

"Oh, sorry miss"

I tried my best to pay attention but my worry overwhelmed all of my other senses to even think about school work and before I knew it the day had gone by and it was the end of the school day, once the bell rang I quickly packed my things then said bye to my friends and practically ran home having the feeling that I was being watched but every time I looked behind me there was nobody, when I finally got indoors Touya wasn't home which made my worry spike even more which lead to me having a panic attack while I paced the floor.

I couldn't breath, my vision was blurred with tears as I tried time and again to call him but it always went through to answerphone,  I felt like I was going to pass out at any given moment when the front door was busted down and a bunch of hero's and police came rushing in making me panic so on instinct I hide under the kitchen island head berried into my knees terffied on what will happen next or to me. 

All I could hear was voices and the sounds of them trashing the place that was until I focused on the footsteps which was coming into the kitchen then stopped infront of where I was, I tried to hide myself even more into the corner as they started to crouch down but either way I tried I couldn't get out of this situation not matter how hard I tried so I asepted my fate, teary eyes met his golden once but they weren't the breath taking thing that I focused on I was his beautiful crimson wings behind him.

He looked around him then looked back at me and put his finger infront of his mouth telling me to be quiet which I shakily nod to then he got up and walked off like he never saw me, I put m hands over my mouth as I silently sobbed into them relieved that I wasn't found out just yet but it confused me why he didn't say anything, a few minutes later everything went silent so I quietly crawled out from my hiding spot  only to be met with big navy blue flaming boots.

I nervously looked up to see endeavor standing there arms crossed and a scowl on his face like usual when ever seen on TV,  I quickly scooted back only to ram by back into the legs of the bird guy from earlier making me wish that Touya was save me but I knew he wouldn't be coming there's too much risk, I let a shaky sigh out then got up onto my feet and glared at him which made him raise his eyebrow.

Endeavor)"I thought you said that there's nobody here Hawks?"

Hawks)"There wasn't, I don't know where she came from"

Endeavor gave him a harsh look then they started to argue alittle so I walked passed him and cleaned myself up alittle then started to clean up the mess they made only to hear him shout at me to stop what I was doing which I ignored so he tried grabbing me but Hawks stopped him, he got one nasty glare if I say so and I thanked him before asking what they where doing here in the first place although I already had a jist of what I could be.

Hawks)"Sorry kid but you'll be coming with us down to the agency"

"Fucking hell"