Day Eight

DAY EIGHT

For the first time in what seemed like a long time, I woke up feeling sick. Literally. My head is pounding and my body feels as heavy as lead. I think I caught the flu.

I dragged my body out of bed and forced myself to take some aspirin. Then I called in sick. Not having much of an appetite that morning, I just washed my face and brushed my teeth before going back to bed to sleep it off. And the moment my back hit my wonderful, wonderful bed, someone knocked on the door.

I groaned before getting up again and going to the door. I already know who my visitor is.

"Cassidy, I'm not going to work today," I said as I opened the door to see the ever smiling Cassidy.

When she saw me still in my pajamas though, her forehead creased in worry.

"Hey there Princess. Are you okay?" she asked.

I shook my head weakly, already feeling like the room is spinning. "I'm not feeling too good," I replied. "You should go on."

Without saying another word, she entered my apartment and set the flowers on my table.

"Oooookay. Come in then," I said sarcastically.

She then turned to me and placed her hand on my forehead. Her eyes widened. "You're burning! Wait, I'm gonna call an ambulance."

I rolled my eyes, smiling a little. Cassidy's always a little exaggerated. "Cassidy, come on. Don't be silly. I'll just sleep it off," my head is still pounding.

She shook her head stubbornly. "I knew someone who felt sick then she slept it off. She didn't wake up again," then she whipped her phone out.

I groaned and walked up to her, taking her phone away and hugging her. Then I buried my face in her neck.

"Cassy, babe... please don't call an ambulance. I'm fine," I said in the sweetest voice I could muster. I could feel her swallowing, her barely visible adam's apple moving sexily.

"I-I... uh... You need to be checked, and-... god."

I started to plant kisses on her neck.

I don't know why I'm doing this. Maybe it's the fever. Yeah, it's the fever.

"Don't take me to the hospital, okay?" I asked softly. She nodded, as if on a trance.

I broke away from her and went straight to my room, falling on my bed. Then, I must have dozed off, because when I opened my eyes, Cassidy was beside my bed. She was changing the cold compress on my forehead. Then she noticed me.

"Hey. You're awake, sleepyhead. Are you hungry?" she asked. Before I could reply though, my stomach growled. Cassidy chuckled. "I guess you are. Wait here okay?" then she kissed my cheek and dashed off and out of my room.

I let my eyes wander around the room. Then, my eyes fell on the clock. 11:00 am. I closed my eyes again and waited for the food. I'm starving.

"Baby, wake up. I have food."

Cassidy set the tray containing a bowl of something hot on the bedside table. Then she helped me sit upright. My body feels much weaker now and I'm glad I called in sick to work.

"Okay, open up," she held a spoonful of soup in front of me. I gave a 'really?' look. "Don't worry. The soup is not that hot anymore. Plus, I blew on it a couple of times," she smiled.

"I can feed myself, you know," I said.

"I know. But I'd like to feed you," came her short reply.

I rolled my eyes but then opened my mouth. She fed me the soup, which in all fairness, tasted really good.

"Mmmmm. This is really good. Did you cook this yourself?"

She beamed and then nodded. "I'm glad you like this. And by the way, your fridge is empty. You only had water and some Oreo so I restocked it."

I didn't have a chance to react as another spoonful of soup was shoved in my mouth. I swallowed before speaking. "You didn't have to do that."

She grinned. "But I wanted to."

I gave up and just ate. Arguing with her about these things are always pointless.

When I finished, she put everything away and gave me some medicine. I was about to sleep again when she reappeared carrying a small basin. Then I saw that it was filled with lots of ice and water. She then got a small towel.

"My mama used to do this to me when I was small. It always helped bring the fever down."

An ice bath?

Just looking at the water, I shivered.

She removed the sheets around me and asked me to remove my clothes.

"Do I really have to do that?" I asked. I'm very confident of my body and I show it off every chance that I have, but showing it off to Cassidy kind of makes my stomach have butterflies.

She stared at me, her eyes full of concern. "Come on. Your underwear can stay. Just let me give you an ice bath. It'll be quick, I promise."

I guess when you're sick, you really can't do anything. I nodded and started to undress. First, I removed my sleeping shirt completely. I heard something drop.

I lifted my eyes to see a blushing Cassidy picking up ice cubes and whatnots on the floor. She dropped the basin.

"Hey, is something wrong?" I asked.

She looked up and her eyes went down to my chest before looking away.

"I-... uhhhh. Have to get some more ice. I like ice. See you!" then she stood up and hurriedly, almost running, went out of the room. After a while, I heard another loud crash just outside.

"Freaking hell!" I heard Cassidy say then she proceeded to let out a string of curses and profanities.

I, of course, couldn't help but giggle.

Oh, did I mention that I don't wear a bra when sleeping?

___________________________________________________

A/N: Honestly, Sandra. Who wears a bra when sleeping?

-Potato