7. George?

If anything he forgot to buy, the alarm clock was not one of them.

The sound was so annoying that it pulled Clay right out of the dream he was having. With one eye barely open he turned around and slapped the clock to stop.

Well, I'm awake now.

Clay gradually got up from his bed and tried to open his eyes. He had set the alarm clock to wake him up early so he could get some work done in his house. Unpacking and going to the store were the only things he had today.

He got up and walked downstairs to make himself some coffee. Which meant it would be 99% milk on 1% coffee. What could he say? He disliked coffee. Clay fired up the coffee maker and just sat in his empty kitchen for a while. Just listening to the surroundings and how people woke up around him. Birds chirping outside, cars going down the street, and the rumble of the coffee machine.

After spacing out for a couple of minutes he stood up and made quick work on making his so-called "coffee". Simply downing it before he could say sheep.

Clay put his mug in the sink and just looked at it. It was a mug he forgot he even had. It was white with the bottom of the cup green and to the top was blue. In the middle, it read "Take your fuckery elsewhere" Clay chuckled at the cup and then he paused. A memory rose from his mind like an old film.

It was the cup George gave him.

It was the cup George got him as a present before he left.

Clay remembers that day, it had been a bad day for him. His rut was on the horizon and he was getting pissed at everything and nothing at the same time. He had missed an assignment and been told off by his teacher. After that, he had stopped over to George's (well, their's) dorm and cried like a baby to George's chest, while George was holding him.

"Shh, shh, It's okay, Clay. It's okay. I'm here, Shh, shh:" George soothed him and ran his fingers through his hair. Getting the tangles off and calming him more.

Clay was an Alpha. Everyone knew that Heck, even George knew that from the beginning! When they were little Clay had wanted to be an Alpha and secretly he had hoped that George would be an omega just so he could protect him. After he had presented his father had helped him to become a "propper Alpha '' and told Clay that Alphas were leaders and that they didn't show any weaknesses.

Clay had believed him.

George however, told Clay that showing emotions wasn't weak. It was a sign of a strong person who has lived through hardships. Showing emotions was a sign of a Strong Alpha.

Clay had wanted to be strong for George.

So here he was holding Clay like a toddler having a tantrum and telling him that everything was going to be fine. After Clay's sobs and turned into sniffles George spoke to him.'

"Are you alright, love?"

"Y-yeah. Just-Today has just been awful. And my upcoming rut didn't help it."

George just chuckled and pushed Clay off of him. He walked to his closet.

"Well, I think I know what will make you feel better. I was going to give this to you after your rut, on our anniversary, but I think you need it now." He spoke and fished out a package. He walked towards Clay and gave him the package.

"Open it!" He smiled

Clay opened the package and saw the mug. He started to laugh and soo his tears were no more. He hugged George tightly.

"Thank you, love. I love it" He whispered.

George giggled and whispered back "Look at the bottom"

Clay turned the mug upside down and read the text...

"I loved you once, I love you still. I always have, and always will".

Clay stared at the text for a while. He had totally forgotten the brunette. The times they had and how much he had loved him. Clay thought he had thrown the mug away for fuck sake. So why was it still here? Why was he still haunting him?

Clay cringed at the last memory of them. He had never really thought of what had happened then. He just...forgot.

He didn't want to think about it anymore. It was in the past. And he couldn't change it anyway.

He set the mug into the sink and started to actually unpack his stuff from the boxes around the house. First, he did his clothes, then his bathroom stuff, and lastly, he unpacked his office and PC.

He noticed that the clock was now nearing 4 pm So he got a shower and changed his clothes. A pair of blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and a green zip-up hoodie. Good enough.

Clay grabbed his keys and wallet and walked out of his house, locking it behind him. He started to walk towards the nearest store he had. He tried to make a shopping list in his mind but he got distracted quickly by cars, animals, and kids going around the block.

He entered the store, grabbed a basket, and started to pile necessities in his basket. Milk, bread, and eggs were the first to go into his basket. He started to walk towards the aisle where flour, macaroni, noodles, and other baking supplies were. He was thinking about what he should do for dinner...

Suddenly he bumped into someone and had to take a double-take to realize his mistake.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't watch where I was going!" Clay was throwing apologies left and right when a familiar- too familiar-voice cut him off.

"No..No it's okay It was just an accide-" The stranger's voice cut off when he lifted his head and made eye contact with Clay.

Brown eyes made contact with emeralds.

Those brown eyes Clay had been lost in so many times he knew every detail. The brown hair he had nuzzled himself in so many times he could count every hair. The button nose he had kissed so many times he knew the shape by memory. The honey-filled voice he would recognize anywhere...

"...George?"