3.

3.

It was quiet for a short while, and (Y/n) started to feel like she had said something stupid and she wished she could take it back again. “That could make some sense, but that doesn’t explain why there were no signs of mutation in your blood, and it might be you being more aware of the people around you caused by your recent experience.” Tony said. “But nonetheless it will be where we begin.” He said and clapped his hands, and she looked at him, giving a small smile. 

“So you look at people and can tell something about the person?” Tony asked getting a little closer, and Bruce pulled out a notepad and a pen ready to write down. “Yes that’s right.” She replied. “Can you tell something about me?” He continues. “Umm…” She was thinking about how much she should tell him. “Don’t hold back.” He encourage her to go on. "I've probably heard it before." “Umm okay, very well. You’ve had a problem with alcohol a few years ago, but it has gotten better. You don't really care for your body, you barely sleep due to work, but I’m sure there’s more behind it, maybe anxiety of some sort.” She was looking at him to see if she had hit a soft spot or anything, and she had. His face dropped as soon as she came around that topic, and some kind of fear flashed in his eyes, fear and embarrassment. “It’s something you try to avoid because you don’t want people to see that side of you, or…” She stopped myself because she was scared if she would cross a line. So she waited patiently for him to show any signs if she should stop or if she should continue. He looked at Bruce and Bruce looked at him, before looking away as the silence grew.

This girl is amazing. It sounded like they said the exact same thing at the same time, and (Y/n) asked. “Do you do that often?" “Do what often” Before Bruce asked. "Say the same things at the same time." She looked at them puzzled, she couldn’t possibly be the one one who heard it. “We didn’t say anything.” Tony said, looking at me and leaned against the table. She looked at Bruce, then at Tony and back at Bruce. “So I just read your minds?” She asked not really believing it herself. “It does seems like that sweetheart.” Tony said, smiling at her.

She looked down at her hands, she could feel my heartbeat increase. “There’s no need to be nervous.” Bruce said, placing a hand on her shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. “But what if I can’t control it?” She asked looking up at him with worry in her eyes. Tony let out a low chuckle and got up from his seat, slapping Bruce’s shoulder as he passed him. “I guess you’ll take that one.” He walked over to a table with some metal pieces on and began to work with them, he was still thinking about those things she could tell about him and how close to home it had hit. Bruce then sat down in the chair, which Tony just sat in. 

“You will be able to control it one day.” Bruce began. “But what if I can’t?” She protested. “Well you see, we have a girl here who can help you and she might be able to discover other talents of yours, if there is any. Beside you can control things if you really want to. Take me for example, when I get angry I turn into this green monster. So I have to control my emotions all the time, and it’s not as easy as it sounds like, but I’ve learned it just like you will.” He shared and she looked at him, it surely amazed her that he is able to do that. He also surprised her, how can someone as sweet and kind as him, still be a monster as he referred to it. “You’re not a monster.” She said in a low voice, and he laughed a little. “Not now, but you will see someday.” 

The door opened and the man in the suit from last night appeared in the room, he had a kind smile on his face. “How is she doing?” He asked. “She is doing great.” Bruce said, looking at him. “That’s nice.” He said and began to walk around the room, looking around him. “When will you think she’ll be ready to talk to us?” He moved to an angle where he could look at all of us at once. “And don’t worry I’ll be the one to talk to her. Alone.” He said (Y/n) did not know how to feel about it. Being in a room with a man she knew nothing about, just the two of them. Not that she saw him as a threat at all, but she was not comfortable with it. “It’s hard to say.” Bruce said, before she spoke up. “I… I guess we could begin now.” She said, sounding unsure. “(Y/n)… You don’t have to push yourself.” Bruce whispered to me. “But I want to, while I remember it all, but please be around. I need to know there will be someone near me I trust.” She replied, looking down. “Okay, I will.” He said, placing a hand on her shoulder. “I’ll be there, just on the other side of the door.” He smiled at me. “Thank you.”

They both got up from their seats and walked towards the man. “Let’s go then.” He said leaving the room, Bruce and (Y/n) followed him. She become more and more nervous by the situation, trying to make herself relax by keep telling heeself that Bruce would be on the other side of the door. They took a turn and walked down another hallway before we walked into a room at the end of the hallway. “I’d like to talk to her alone, Dr. Banner.” He said, turning to Bruce. “I understand that, but she’d like to have me here waiting for her.” Bruce said learning against the wall. The man stood for a brief moment. “Okay, shall we get to it, miss (y/l/n)?” He smiled at her and she nodded, following him into the room.

 He closed the door behind them and gestured to her to take a seat. She sat down in a chair by a table and he sat on the opposite side. He looked at her with a serious expression on his face, she could feel her heart pounding so hard in her chest it began hurt. “So miss (y/l/n) where do we begin?” He asked me. “(Y/n).” She corrected him “And you could start to tell me your name, I prefer to know who I’m talking to.” She said, looking at him. “Oh of course (Y/n). My name is Phil Coulson.” He said, sending her a sly smile. “So…” He placed a tape recorder in front of her. She took a deep breath before she spoke. “It began back home…”