Chapter 2:

J-join their discord call? Already?

You calmed your breathing. They were probably just really sociable streamers. Besides, their pfps were kinda cute so you supposed that it wouldn't hurt to speak with them.

You sent Gura a message. "Alright, can you invite me?"

Gura POV

AAAAAAAAAAAA-

Y/N POV

A few moments later, the discord call interface popped up on your screen. You click the green button, your chat unaware of your own unawareness of what to truly expect.

Gura: Hello!!!!

You were taken aback by the sheer volume in that kawaii little shark's voice.

Y/N: H-hey there!

Calli: Hey there!

Gura: We just wanted to tell you that you were really, really amazing just now!

Y/N: O-oh, really? Thanks, it was actually the first "real" match I've ever played in this game.

Gura: W-what??? There's no way...

Y/N: Yeah, it is.

The temporary silence in the call tells you that both Gura and Calli are in disbelief. To change the topic and get the ball rolling again, you decide to try and make small talk with Gura and Calli.

Y/N: Well, I've heard that you two are pretty elite gamers! Gawr Gura and Calliope Mori, I give you my respect.

Calli begins to chuckle, and you soon find out why.

Calli: You can't exactly see right now, but Gura is hyperventilating, her face is red as a tomato, and she-

Gura: Hey, shut up Calli!

You hear a small bonk on the other side of the call, followed by what you assumed was Calli going "owww." It was a little more along the lines of "ack" though. You chuckle silently to yourself.

Y/N: Thank you guys for the compliments you gave me. I must be going now though, the stream won't stream itself!

Gura suddenly snapped out of her little trance and shouted.

Gura: H-hang on a minute!

Y/N: Oh, yes?

Gura: C-can we... stay in touch?

Gura POV

There's no way he's going to say yes... there's just no w-

Y/N: Yeah, absolutely!

... wat-

Y/N POV

Y/N: Yeah, absolutely!

There's a moment of silence in the call. You wonder whether they disconnected accidentally, until Gura breaks the silence.

Gura: ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh

Y/N (while she's hyperventilating): Whoa there, calm down! I'd be glad to stay in touch!

Gura: Sorry, sorry...! I'm just... so excited!

Y/N: I can kinda tell! The hyperventilating kinda gave it away...

Though you couldn't see her, Gura blushed. Calli just laughed.

Calli: Alright then, it's a deal! We'll see you around!

Y/N: Alright, thank you two!

Calli and Gura: You're welcome!

You leave the discord call. Turning back to chat, you say: