Chapter 7

~~~One month later~~~

Kai sat on the couch, watching TV. Jay was also there. But on the green recliner, and he wasn't paying attention. But, neither was Kai.

It had been a little more than a month since Cole and Lloyd had figured out his secret. Nothing had happened since the drinking accident. Nothing else had happened, and he'd been flying almost regularly. But at least he wasn't holding his wings in so much they hurt anymore.

Sometimes Cole, Lloyd, or both would come with him, or show up at random times, to make sure Kai was watching out that nobody snuck up and found out about him.

They had always caught him off guard. So, he sucked at keeping his wings hidden! How he'd managed to for so many years, the others couldn't guess.

Kai was sure he'd be fine! Nobody else would know as long as he was vigilant. Bad thing, he wasn't, if Lloyd and Cole kept sneaking up in him. To be fair, it was only when he was flying.

Kai looked over at Jay, who was staring off into space. Kai waved a hand in front of his friend's face. "Hey. Are you there? Jay?"

Jay shook his head and smiled at Kai. "Hey. Sorry! I guess I just kinda spaced off." He chuckled.

Kai smiled back. "That's okay. Everybody does that every once in a while."

Jay turned back to the TV and Kai looked at him. The lightning ninja was interesting to watch. Not to mention cute when he was distracted.

Kai had felt himself letting go of his precautions ever since Cole found out about his wimgs. As if now, with two other people, the stress wasn't all piled on him, and he could relax with two others to help hold the secret.

Kai liked Jay. He was cute, funny, kind. The fire ninja liked those attributes about Jay. Cole had said the blue ninja liked him back. Maybe he'd ask Jay out at some point.

Yeah! He could do it! And if Jay said no, he would be nice when rejecting Kai. Because that's just how the blue ninja was. Kai was brave enough to do it. Maybe tomorrow, or, in a few days.

Obviously when Jay wasn't busy! Or Kai himself! Perhaps on a sunny day, but the weather was unpredictable. Even if you check the weather. Okay, so he had no idea how to even go about asking out the lightning ninja. And he was totally stalling.

He just had to figure out how to ask. He could. Not like Kai had never asked anybody. That was a lie. He'd been so busy, caring for Nya, protecting Ninjago, and being cautious with his secret, that he never really asked anyone out before.

Kai looked to the TV. The movie playing was an action movie. He couldn't learn from that. And they didn't have any romance movies. He looked around for something that could help him.

He was just realizing how little they had that wasn't fighting. Looking at Jay one more time, a thought popped into Kai's head. Nya!

His sister and Jay were best friends. So much so, people mistake them for dating. He'd ask Nya what would make Jay say yes. Nya would know what would wow Jay.

Kai stood. "I'll be back in a minute." He knew his sister was in the monastery somewhere. But not exactly where.

He looked in the kitchen, the courtyard, knocked on the bathroom, and her room. She wasn't in either of them. Kai listened, hearing giggling coming from down the hall. Walking down he realized that it came from Cole's open door.