thirteen.

THIRTEEN

Su-Hyeok's eyes fluttered open to the bright light shining into the room. He let out a quiet yawn and tried to block out the sun with his hand.

His eyes trailed down to the sleeping figure that was on his chest with his school blazer on top of her as a blanket.

"He... He raped me." She whimpered out as Su-Hyeok started in shock. He didn't know what to do or say as he'd never been in a position like that before, but all he could feel was anger running through his veins.

He wanted to hurt Yoon Gwi-Nam badly. He wanted him to hurt like Soo-Jin hurts.

Su-Hyeok licked his lips and placed a hand under her chin to bring her head up so he could look at her. "You're safe now..." He gently whispered, moving strands of hair out of her face with his other hand. "I promise you, you're safe."

Soo-Jin nodded and brought her hand up to wipe away her tears but Su-Hyeok beat her to it. He lightly brushed them away and once he was finished, he pulled her close and planted a delicate kiss on her forehead.

"If I ever see him again," he started. "I'll kill him."

Su-Hyeok quietly sighed as he remembered the things that happened last night. He was still enraged and wanted to leave the room to go and see if he could find Gwi-Nam and kill him - even if he was already a zombie - but he couldn't. He had to be there for Soo-Jin.

"Don't tell anyone about this... please, you can't." She pleaded with a worried expression on her face and all Su-Hyeok did was nod and lay her head on his chest and wrap his blazer around her upper body.

"They'll come for us eventually." On-Jo reassured once everyone was now awake. "How long do we wait?" Nam-Ra questioned. Soo-Jin and Su-Hyeok were still sat on the floor beside each other, they were just sitting up instead of laying on one another.

Su-Hyeok had his blazer covering their hands so nobody could see that their fingers were interlocked, and his thumb brushing against the back of hand.

"Until they come."

"There's no guarantee they'll come, though."

"So? You want to go out there?"

"Even if they come," Ji-Min began, turning away from the window to look at everyone. "They won't find us if they don't know we're here."

"Well, we can put up a sign for help." On-Jo stated, moving her head to look at her. "How?" Kim Ji-Min wondered. "I remember my dad taught me a signal that's used internationally."

"What is it?" Soo-Jin's groggy voice spoke up. "It was red and blue arranged together to create some sort of a pattern." On-Jo trailed off as she tried to remember but nothing came to mind. "Should we write 'SOS' on a curtain, maybe?" She then suggested.

"Yeah, let's do that." Hyo-Ryeong nodded.

"We can't last long, anyway." Nam-Ra admitted. "Three minutes without oxygen, three days without water, and three weeks without food."

"What's that?" Su-Hyeok asked. "How long a person can survive." Nam-Ra answered. "It's only been a day, you know. We have to try the best we can." On-Jo persevered.