Danger in Emeralds 1

y/n POV

I'm mining my own business, getting more iron, gold, and diamonds in a cave I recently found. It's just on top of the mountain that's to the left of my house. Just another day collecting resources. (HAHAHA!!! Get it? Mining my own business? XD Anyways... back to the story)

As typical, I find myself getting lost in thought as I'm mining an emerald. It's mostly buried in the wall so it'll take a few minutes. Might be good for villager trading. Today I found myself thinking about what happened between me and my brother. It's the only memory that keeps coming back to me on a daily basis, and is also one of the only memories that haunts me.

The night I ran away realizing that no one really cared for/about me. My life didn't really matter, so I just disappeared. If I'm remembering correctly, no one even tried to stop me from leaving the greater Dream SMP. It was like they all just wanted me to disappear from their history and memories.

At first I thought nothing of it, and that they were just going through a faze. After about a month of people not wanting me around or caring what I did, I realized what was actually happening. They were ignoring me because I was a softie and couldn't even kill a pig without feeling bad.

I decided to gather everything of mine that I could, put it in my ender chest or inventory. With my diamond armor on, netherite axe in my hand, and gapples in my inventory I walked right past Dream, Wilbur, Ranboo, and a few others. They didn't question what I was doing at all. They just stood there and watched with very little interest. What would they think if they saw me today? Scratch that. Would they even recognize me? Probably not. It's been a good seven years?

I'm almost done getting this emerald out of the wall when I'm brought back to the present with the rattling of bones and a hiss. Adrenaline starts rushing through my veins and I quickly turn around and whip my shield out just in the nick of time. Luckily I keep my shield leaning on the wall right next to me.

"F-" is all that can make it out of my mouth before an explosion kills the skeleton that's about to release an arrow, knocking me backward into the emerald that was sticking out of the wall. It stabbed me in the back. I need to get to my parrot. That's all I can think of. I stumble all the way to my torch leaving a trail of blood, where Skye is sitting waiting for me to tell her to do something.

I fall to the ground and quickly pull out a piece of parchment, ink, and a quill. I start scribbling my message down, roll it up and attach it to Skye's leg. Thank goodness I'm prepared for the worst thanks to my past self doing all these stupid things. As soon as it's attached I tell Skye to hurry and deliver it to Ranboo. 

Hopefully she makes it to him in time. I never planned on contacting anyone again, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Jeez y/n, you really need to stop thinking back to a time when life was easier. Especially when mining. It only makes you weak in the present. I somehow summon enough energy to make it to one of the corners in the cave where I can easily box myself in, so I don't take anymore damage. 

I put up a two layered wall of cobblestone, and place a torch on the ground next to me. After I sit down and lean against the wall. The adrenaline wears off and my vision starts to fill with black spots. I try to focus on anything so that I can stay up and hopefully bandage myself before I bleed to death. As I'm thinking I get the searing pain in my back. I can only assume that getting stabbed by the emerald really did a toll on me. From how much pain I'm getting in my back, I can assume that the cut is really deep and goes up to my shoulder. It's all I can do to not cry.

Eventually, (really 3 seconds after the pain hits me) I can't fight the black spots that threaten to take over my vision anymore. My vision starts to fill up with black spots and all of the sudden, the world is black. I can't hear, feel, or see anything.