Chapter 4

Shadowing his eyes he looked up, the sun set at the highest point in the sky, clouds rolling in from the West, certainly not storm clouds but nonetheless something to watch out for with the waters being so open, having crossed into Spadian territory. Since the last Queen died he had become cautious of crossing their waters, unsure what secrets they were keeping as it had already been two years and no word came of who was going to take the throne. There was something suspicious happening, and whatever it was he wouldn't partake in such endeavor's, he had ran for reasons he didn't need to voice - the truth slipping out would result in a four Kingdom pursuit that would result in the death of his crew and himself.

They weren't scheduled to dock until two weeks at the least, although he knew how it was going, some of them had brought substances onboard and while he would be taking the money needed directly from their pay, he would need to go and get something to cure their ailment. This was something unseen of him, but with six hands short and entering high storm territory there wasn't room to dance with fate. 

Gaze shifting to the door, yes he would need to do something about that one, it was far too big of a risk to leave him free, suspecting the man would manage to make a scene and manage to get Arthur in cuffs by the tick of a clock. A groan rising as the corners of his mouth settled into a frown, one corner of his mouth digging further before he was interrupted, looking over as he feigned interest, already figuring the situation and quick to give a short response, sending the man off. 

So be it, they would be docking in Spades.

Eventually striding back in once nightwatch strolled up from the lower deck, Al having resurfaced hours ago with the white sleeves of his dress shirt strained with oil. Slouching as he watched the other, crossing a leg over in order to support his elbow, tapping the desks surface, he was a complete mystery to him, no name other than what was left to be a sobriquet, eye's that connected him to clear skies but every bit of him screamed a warm climate that fit no place he knew of. It was the unknown that dragged his thoughts and irked him to such an extent, straightening as he looked over the other's shoulder. A pathetic attempt all the same a rather undignified move on his end, waving it with the objection that this was his ship, and he had every right to know what every subject did.

"No respect for other's privacy. That's a new one Kirkland." Al shot out, never once looking up from the papers, rather sliding a different one over in its place, irritated with the lack of privacy.

-

Alfred had woken alone, the work area deserted with a few extra maps laid out, searching the walls that were pilled high with a vast array of books and maps, a few artifacts around the room that would glitter when candles were lit, spotting the places where they had been pulled from with a sigh he rolled them, sitting them off to the side as he started on todays adventure of what was wrong with his Kingdom.

The hours in which he had been left to his own devices settling to what used to be a semi-decent flashback of what his days used to entail after having endured countless hours of humiliation when a crew member had spotted the ring, his words tasteless and metallic as he kept them to himself. 

Leaning back into the chair he tossed a letter from his hands, vanishing before it hit the stack of uneven papers, the entire thing having consisted of a billionaires distress of losing thirty thousand in the market, returning it for Yao to deal with. That wasn't their issue, making questionable choices in casinos had nothing to do with them, and that was simply nothing more than poor financial decisions, if that truly was cared about within the walls of the monarchy than surely all four Kingdom's would be in disrepair. Dismissing the thought with a small sigh, any chance of a second glance would be far from possible, more than likely that letter would be burned to heat the confines of the office.