Chapter Eight

*narrator pov*
Steve jumped towards you to protect you with his shield.
But the timer on the device was up.
It erupted with a large explosion of fire, and Steve was blasted backwards before he could shield you.
"Y/n!" he yelled and quickly ran back into the debris, smoke and flames.
He picked up large scraps that had fallen from the nearby building, and he threw them away.
He moved some bricks, and saw the flesh of your hand.
Steve rapidly cleared some more debris away, and revealed the upper half of your body.
Your hair was in your face, and he brushed it away gently with his hand.
There was a large part of a wall sitting on your leg.
Steve grunted as he lifted it, and he tried to hold it with just one hand as he used his other to pull your leg out from underneath.
He picked you up, and hurriedly carried you away from the crash site.
"Steve? Cap you there?"
Steve ignored Tony as he lay you down on the sidewalk and leant over you.
"Has anyone seen Steve?" Tony yelled over comms.
"Stark" Steve whispered "we have a team mate down."
He frowned sadly at you, and held your head in his lap, while the rest of the avengers convened on his location.
Loki beat them to it.
His feet touched the ground and he slowly stepped towards Steve.
His face was heartbroken as he saw you laying on the ground covered in blood and bruises.
"NOOOOOOOOOO!" he screamed and ran over, but Steve stopped him with his shield, hitting him in the chest and pushing him back.
Loki quickly got up and shot Steve back with a green blast of energy, and he ran back to you.
Crying, he knelt on the floor and picked you up in his arms.
Steve was about to hit him again, when he saw how weak he seemed in the moment.
The avengers finally arrived, and Thor landed in front of Loki.
"Brother. What have you done?" Thor asked hatefully.
"No. No. No. I'm sorry. Y/n wake up. Please" Loki cried.
"This is all your fault!" Thor shouted and he grabbed Loki by the neck. He lifted him into the air, and threw him down the street.
The rest of the avengers surrounded him.
Loki was laying on the floor, and he raised his head to look over at where Thor was still with you.
He dropped his head back on the concrete, and let the avengers restrain him.
Steve walked back to Thor, and knelt down opposite him with you in the middle.
"What happens now?" he asked.
"We take her back to Asgard" Thor was about to get up, when something touched his hand.
He looked down and saw your fingers wavering over his hand. You gently rested your hand on top of his.
Thor saw your chest rise as you took a deep breath.
You slowly opened your eyes and rolled your head to look at Thor.
You smiled weakly at him.
"Oh thank heavens your okay!" Thor leaned over and hugged you, and you lifted one arm to pat him on the back. "You are okay, right?"
"I'm fine. Everything just aches."
"Wait" Steve interjected "an explosion like that should've killed you."
"I won't go that easy" you smirked.
"You should be dead."
"So should you."
"Have I missed something?" Thor looked confused.
"This is Steve. He's one of my friends that you took me from. I was with him the night before my birthday when you kidnapped me!" you explained.
"Oh I see" Thor laughed.
"Wait so you didn't leave?" Steve questioned.
"No Steve. My bitch ass brother here stole me and my father locked me up for 80 years. Trust me, if I could've come back, I would."
"So you're, like, immortal?"
"Not completely. But you on the other hand, how are you alive? And... and fit?"
"It's a long story."
"Frozen in ice for 70 years. Not a long story" Tony came over "hey Point-break. What are we doing with your brother and the tesseract?"
"They're coming back to Asgard. The Tesseract will be safe there and Loki will be punished for his actions."
"Where is Loki?" you sat up straight and looked around.
"Why? What do you want to do?"
"Nothing. Son of a bitch made me think he was dead, so I'll do the same exact thing."
"But we all need to go back to Asgard together. So he'll see you anyway."
"Fuck you're right. I guess I can annoy him then."
You grinned and ran over to where Loki was with the others.
"You're alive?" He stared in disbelief "Thank goodness your alive!"
"Mhm. No thanks to you."
"Y/n I'm really really sorry. I never meant for you to get hurt. You were never supposed to be here."
You smirked at him and his apologetic face became confusion.
Loki suddenly shot up in the air, then he spun round so he was upside down, and came shooting back towards the ground.
He stopped when his eyes were at your level. He grinned at you.
"Look at that. You figured out your powers."
"Mhm. Locked in a room for 80 years, means I had the time to work this shit out."
You twirled your finger, and you laughed as Loki started twirling too.
"Okay very funny. Can you put me down now?"
"Sweet sweet revenge" you giggled and turned him upright, putting him back on the ground.
"Okay come on. Let's go" Thor came over and put an arm around you.
Tony handed him the tesseract, and you grabbed onto Loki.
The three of you left, and returned to Asgard.
"Shawarma anyone?" Tony asked.
———
"Heimdall?" Thor called "hello?"
You had returned the Bifrost Bridge, and you were waiting with Loki while Thor looked for Heimdall.
"This is odd. He never leaves here. Something must ha- Heimdall!" Thor spotted him lying by the door, unconscious.
Your eyes widened as Thor knelt over his body.
You looked at Loki, not paying attention to you, and you waved your hand behind your back.
Suddenly, Heimdall's eyes opened and he sat up quickly.
"Are you alright?" Thor asked "what happened?"
"I don't remember. One moment I was standing here doing my job, and now I'm on the floor."
Thor looked back at you and Loki, then in the direction of the palace.
"We need to go" Thor suggested, and you all hurried back to the palace.
When you got to the entrance, you hesitated.
"I should probably just go back to my room. So father doesn't know I was missing."
"Good idea" Thor grabbed Loki and walked off in one direction.
Loki stared back at you as you walked off in another.
He tilted his head in confusion when he saw your fingertips glowing purple.
Thor took Loki to the main hall, where your fathers throne was.
When they got there, they saw a large group of guards, just waking up on the floor, and Odin was amongst them.
He stood up quickly and spotted the boys by the door.
"What happened?" he asked them. "Loki?"
Loki waved slightly, still looking confused at what was going on.
"I dont know. I just went to Earth to find Loki, and we just came back."
"You went to Earth? Where's y/n?"
"Uhm. In her room? I don't know. She wasn't with us" Thor lied.
"Okay. We need to figure out what happened. Please go check on your sister, Thor, make sure that she's okay. And guards, take Loki and lock him up. He must be punished" Odin ordered.
The guards surrounded Loki and took him away, and Thor ran off to your room.
Odin stood alone, trying to recall what happened.
———
You were in your room, pacing the floor.
Thor knocked on the door and came inside.
"I told father that you weren't with us. I think he believed us. Are you okay?"
You noticed you were biting your fingernails, and stopped immediately.
"Yeah I'm fine. Is father okay? Was he hurt?"
"No. He's fine. But someone put a sleeping curse on him or something, along with the rest of the palace apparently."
"Mhm. It must have happened after I left to go to Earth. Does father remember anything?"
"Not yet I don't think. But don't worry. We'll figure it out."
"Okay. Okay. I've got to get out of here" you stormed towards the door, but Thor grabbed you.
"Y/n. Everything's okay. We will find who did this and justice will be served. Just stay in here where it's safe for now."
"Okay" you sat on the bed and started biting your fingernails again.
Thor sat next to you and put his arm around you.
"What's on your mind?" he asked.
"Where's Loki?"
"He's been locked up."
"Do you think father will let me see him?"
"Doubtful."
You paused for a minute.
"Steve's alive."
"Who?"
"Steve. On Earth. He's alive. After all these years."
"Okay. And?"
"What... what if Bucky's alive?"
"Y/n..."
"I know. I shouldn't get my hopes up. But Steve and Bucky did everything together, maybe they survived together."
"It doesn't matter anyway. You can't go back to Earth."
"But..."
"Y/n. If father finds out you went to Earth now, he's going to kill you. Going a second time won't help anything."
"Hm" you shrugged.
"Just... Don't even think about it."
"I'll try."
"Okay. I'm going back to father now. Are you coming?"
"No I'll stay here."
"Okay. I'll come back soon" Thor hugged you and left you alone.
You stood up and started pacing the floor again.