chapter 1, The rumor

'bold' -> thoughts
*Italics* -> something is happening
Underlined -> something important
normal -> just normal talking/story narrative
Italics and bold ->whispering
ALL CAPS -> SCREAMING
Edited a little

No one's POV-

As Aether and Paimon were making their way to Monstadt for some quests, he noticed the stares and whispers he got as he reached the gate. He went to Katheryne and asked, to which she told him about the rumor that was going around.

Katheryne: Hello Honorary Knight, I am sorry to inform you that there has been a rumor going around about you being with the abyss. Now that you're here I'm curious to know if this was true.

Aether: *what* thank you for informing me of this Katheryne, however I am not with the abyss.

Khateryn: I knew you wouldn't join the Abyss. But be careful there are people that believe you are, if I were you I would search for a place outside of the Nations to stay, if it gets to out of hand you atleast have a place to stay.

Aether: Yeah that sounds like a smart idea but in the meanwhile how do I not get arrested for something I didn't do?

Khateryn: Well I could sent you on a long "mission" and you would be gone for a month or two till the rumor dies down. Till then don't do anything suspicous....but.. honorary knight there is one commission that will take a while, like a month or two but you would get a decent payment would you like to do it?

Aether: Of course! Where do I need to go?

Khateryn: Well you'll need to go to Dragonspine and give this to the chief alchemist Albedo he will explain further what you need to do. After you're done please come here to claim your reward, goodluck.

Aether: Alright, I'll see you once I'm finished have a great day Katheryne. *waves goodbye*

As Aether was walking towards Dragonspine he could feel someone's presence following him but he didn't care as he was just going to help Albedo, when he arrived at the entrance of Dragonspine he began to feel more than one presence following him, again he just didn't care because he had better things to worry about like defeating: Mages, Hillichurls, Mitachurls etc. Once he finally arrived he could sense that they were still following him. He went up to Timeaus and asked if he knew where Albedo was to which Timeaus pointed to a direction East.

As he walked there Paimon asked what he and Katheryne talked about.

Paimon: So.... what where you and Katheryne talking about?

Aether: Well have you noticed that people were staring and whispering about us?

Paimon: Well yeah Paimon knows but Paimon just thought they were admiring us.

Aether: Well they weren't... there apparently has been a rumor around us being with the Abyss....

Paimon: WHA-mhm *Aether slaps a hand over her mouth*

Aether: SHH its best if they don't know we know about the rumor. *takes hand off of Paimons mouth*

Paimon: I guess you do have a point it would be best if they just didn't know....

They continued to walk to Albedo. They soon found him and Albedo explains what they were going to do

Albedo: Alright so I'm gonna be examining you're body and strength, so first follow me.

*they followed him into a different room with a bed and some science stuff*

Albedo: So if you would just sit down on the bed I will be right back.