Chapter 4

A few days after Frank and I spent the night together making out I was back at work when I saw Frank come in with Mary and a cat in a cage.

"Hey guys." I said and Mary looked upset.

"What's up?" I asked as Frank set the cage on the counter.

"Mary is worried about Fred. He had a lot of mucus coming from his nose and his good eye, his only eye is also all gooey." Frank said and I looked in the cage to see Fred just lying there.

"Bring him back." I said and Frank carried the cage and I took Mary's hand because she was worried. Once we reached the exam room Frank put the cage on the table and I pulled Frank from the cage.

"Hey Fred." I said and petted him for a minute. I then did a checkup and sighed.

"Well good news and bad news." I said looking at Frank, he shook his head and pointed to Mary.

"Her cat, I am just along for the ride." Frank said and I laughed so I crouched down to Mary's level.

"Okay Fred is going to be fine he just has a cold, a pretty bad one. I have some medicine for you to give him for him to feel better but it will be hard to get him to take it and the eye drops so Frank is going to have to help you." I said and she gave a small smile.

"So Fred will be okay?" Mary asked and I nodded.

"Fred will be perfectly fine." I said and Mary hugged me and I smiled up at Frank. I opened the exam room door and a nurse came in. I told her what to get ready for them at the counter and she nodded. I put Fred back in the cage.

"Bailey...?" Mary asked in a small voice.

"Yeah sweetie?" I asked.

"How did you know you wanted to be a vet?" Mary asked.

"Well when I was a kid I loved animals and want to just help everyone I found, like you with Fred." I said and she smiled.

"I think I want to be vet." Mary said and I smiled.

"Why don't I talk to Frank about you spending some days here with me when I'm not busy and you help out?" I asked and she looked at Frank excited.

"Can I please?!" She begged and he smiled at me.

"I think we could work something out." Frank said and I smiled.

"Okay we will talk about it...tomorrow." I asked quietly and he nodded.

"Am I taking you?" Frank said and I nodded.

"I like your truck." I said and Frank nodded.

"Me too." He said and I blushed. We left the exam room and Mary was looking at us.

"Are you two dating?" Mary asked and we looked at her shocked.

"What?" Frank asked.

"Are you and Bailey together?" Mary asked and we looked at each other.

"No Mary, we aren't dating." Frank said and I nodded in agreement. Mary just rolled her eyes and headed to the waiting room while Frank followed.

"I'll meet you at your truck tomorrow night after I take Remy to Roberta's." I whispered and Frank nodded. I grabbed the next patient as they got dealt with at the counter.

*****************************************************************************

I had just dropped of Remy at Roberta's and headed to the parking lot. Frank was already in his truck and had it started up. I got in and kissed him passionately.

"I have missed being able to do that when I see you." Frank said and I nodded.

"You have no idea." I said and we left the parking lot and he took my hand.