Chapter 33

One morning, Dahyun was walking down the street when a group of young men cornered her. She was wearing her headphones when one of them forcefully snatched it away from her. The blue-haired girl just stared at him without an expression.

"What do you want, Im Jaebeom?" She uttered while glaring at the leader of the gang.

Im Jaebeom was the notorious gang leader at Dahyun's school. He and his gang were responsible for Dahyun's part time job. But recently, after the tofu-skinned girl let him meet Jeongyeon in front of the train station, she quitted her job after she found out that Jeongyeon shooed him away.

"You know me very well, Kim Dahyun-ssi." Jaebeom smirked. "Set me up with that girl again. I want her."

"How many times do I have to tell you that I quit? I don't want to work for you anymore. So, fuck off and give me back my headphones, or else..." she threatened them but they just laughed at her.

Jinyoung scoffed. "Are you threatening us?"

Dahyun knows that Jinyoung was Nayeon's pretend ex boyfriend that she told her friends back in Busan. It's true that back then, Nayeon was head over heels for that guy, but he left Busan and transferred to Dahyun's school and became a part of Jaebeom's gang, and Nayeon forgot about him.

They were outside the mall, so a lot of people were there but were too blind to notice a group of seven men cornering a girl. But only one saw the commotion and immediately walked towards them after seeing a familiar blue hair.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" She yelled that gained attention to the people outside the mall. The gang couldn't do anything but run away after throwing Dahyun's headphones to her. Dahyun sighed in relief and mentally thanked the girl. She was not scared and nervous. She just don't want to get involved with that gang again.

"Dahyun?" The girl called. When she looked up, she saw a familiar girl wearing cropped top plain gray shirt and denim shorts and her rubber shoes with her tote bag hanging on her shoulder. Dahyun smiled widely.

"Momo sunbaenim!"

~~~~

The two were now inside a cafe, the same cafe where Nayeon and her last met. Dahyun decided to treat Momo cake as a thank you for saving her ass from the gang earlier.

"Are you really okay?" Momo worriedly asked again and again while munching on her cake.

"I'm really fine, sunbaenim! Just eat your food. It's my treat since you saved me earlier." Dahyun smiled.

"Don't call me that! It sounds so formal. Just call me unnie, since Nayeon's friends are my friends, too." Momo grinned and sipped on her latte. "And Sana's, too." She added.

"Since you said that we're basically friends, can I ask you something personal?"

"Shoot it."

"Do you like Sana?" Momo choked on her cake and Dahyun immediately went beside her and stroked her back as she coughed.

"Wha- not... no! Not romantically. We knew each other since we're toddlers and she's not my type."Momo recovered from coughing and looked at Dahyun as the latter moved back to her seat. "Besides, I like someone else." She whispered and luckily, Dahyun didn't hear it.

"What did you say, unnie?"

"N-nothing!" Momo stuttered. Dahyun shrugged it off.

It was past three in the afternoon when they went out of the cafe. Dahyun was about to visit Nayeon, so she bid her goodbye to Momo.

"I have to go now , unnie. By the way, let's have a date like this again! But next time, you'll be the one to treat me. I found this cute dog cafe near the Han river and I heard from Nayeon that you love dogs, so... is that fine?" Dahyun asked and Momo was surprised to the point that she couldn't say anythin. First, Dahyun referred what happened as a date. Second, Dahyun asked her on another date again. And third, Dahyun knew she loves dogs.