An Overly Edgy OneShot

An alarm blew out Luz's ears. She groaned as she rolled out of bed & fell on the floor with a thud. She didn't want to wake up today. Not after yesterday. She didn't even want to think about yesterday. Luz passed back out, but a loud screaming from Hooty made sure she wouldn't sleep for too much longer.

"Hey, Luz! Wake up sleepy head!" He exclaimed in his high pitched voice. It was almost like Mickey Mouse, but with a different tone.

Luz groaned as she sat up, grabbing her phone off the side table. It was that date.

Luz glared at Hooty until he left her room and she changed into her normal ware. Then she attached the brace to her stump of a left arm, activating the abomination arm that acted as a prosthetic. Every morning she still thought about when Belos sliced off her limb. She was only thankful Amity built her this new one.

Luz exited her room & went downstairs. No one was there. As usual. Luz was still getting used to living by herself. Technically Hooty was there, but he literally couldn't leave. Even as Porta Hooty he needed to return to the Owl House after a period of time or else he'd get sick.

Eda had moved out to her childhood home with her dad, & King was off ruling his kingdom on that small island. Luz had asked Amity to move in, but Amity was still being stubborn, as usual.

Luz & Amity hadn't been on the best of terms for a while now. They broke up almost two years ago due to arguments on how to deal with Belos, with Amity wanting to wait & take a practical approach, but Luz wanted to kill right then. She almost did too, if not for Kikimora's dumbass. Thank Odalia for removing Kikimora from the equation. (Aka Odalia murdering Kikimora during the war, as the bitch deserved.) Luz & Amity finally got back together a couple months ago, with all the peril in their lives gone, but Amity wasn't warming up to Luz like she had in the past. Luz knew this was warranted after all.

Luz is the one who slapped Amity in the face during their breakup. That was definitely an overreaction on Luz's part, but she was upset already at that point.

Speaking of wars, that's what today was. The one year anniversary of the end of the war.

Luz left the Owl House.

"What're you going to do today?" Hooty asked her.

"See Amity, pay respects to the monument, maybe even visit Hunter & Eda," Luz told him. Hooty frowned.

Hooty was saddened by every mention of the war, because it took away his best friend.

Luz petted Hooty's feathers before hopping on Batson, her palisman, & flying over to the Blight mansion.

Luz landed in the front yard, where Amity was waiting on a bench outside, reading a book. Amity has dyed her hair back to green after the breakup, & still hadn't changed it. It made sense, since Amity & Odalia were on better terms & actually seemed to care for each other. Especially since the Alador incident. What an evil prick he turned out to be.

Amity smiled & waved at Luz, who walked up & sat down next to her.

"It's a beautiful day outside," Amity said to her girlfriend. Luz simply nodded & smiled.

Amity frowned, remembering what day it was. Luz also frowned and laid her head on Amity's shoulder in a comforting gesture. Amity accepted it happily.

"Where Emira?" Luz asked.

"On a date," Amity said angrily. Luz scowled.

"On today of all days?"

"Yep. My sister never was the smartest. Guess she just doesn't want to be reminded," Amity stated sadly..