House To Herself. Or So She Thought...

Camila woke early in the afternoon. She was happy already.

Luz was at school, Vee would be showing the others around town, & Camila had her day off due to a coworker bailing on her last night resulting in her working overtime & getting praised by her boss.

Camila loved Luz a lot. She also really liked all of Luz's new friends. But raising six children without the proper preparation or experience, especially by yourself, was a large task, & one Camila was glad to be rid of for a short while.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, Camila heard humming from the living room. There sat a cotton candy-haired girl on the couch, reading an Azura book, a small, content smile on her face.

"Amity?"

Amity looked up from her book.

"Oh, hello Ms. Noceda! How're you today?" Amity asked sweetly, her smile growing.

"I'm just fine. Why are you here? I thought you'd be with the others out on the town?" Camila asked, mildly confused.

"Oh, well Vee wanted to take everyone to the library, but I don't need any books as long as I got this-"

Amity showed off the Azura Book.

"-and the other things they're doing just don't interest me. Luz will probably be home before them at this point, which is preferable for me," Amity explained, blushing while talking about Luz to Luz's mom.

Camila smiled & giggled.

"I see. She got you wrapped up into the world of Great Witch Azura?" Camila asked.

"THE Great Witch Azura. And no, I was already interested in these books long before I met Luz," Amity explained.

"Huh."

Azura books existed on the Boiling Isles? Camila would never have guessed. She wondered if Cosmic Frontier did too. Maybe she could talk to Luz's friends if any of them read it.

Amity returned to reading her book while Camila entered the kitchen, making a sandwich.

As Camila re-entered the living room & sat on the couch, an awkward silence fell between her & Amity. Awkward for Camila at least.

This was her daughter's girlfriend, and Camila finally had time to talk to her alone. But Amity looked so pleased just sitting in silence reading. Something Camila wasn't used to, since Luz always had something to say, & even Vee was rather talkative to an extent.

"So..." Camila started off awkwardly, gaining Amity's attention. Amity smiled sweetly & slightly cocked her head.

"You & my daughter, huh," Camila said. She hoped she didn't sound too mad, or curious, or, well, anything really.

Amity blushed. "Yeah, I mean, it's not a big deal or anything. I mean, of course it's a big deal! You're her mom, you should be interested. And it's a big deal to me, her being my first & all, and I really like her a lot, and-" Amity cut herself off as she stared at Camila, who silently stared back. Both didn't like this situation.

"Your first? As in your first girlfriend, or..." Camila trailed off, causing Amity to realize what she was alluding to & go full tomato mode.

"Yes! My first girlfriend, not the other thing! I swear! We haven't done anything even remotely close to that yet! Not that I'm against it or anything-but yeah I haven't done your daughter I swear. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!" Amity pleaded as her embarrassment overwhelmed her & destroyed all rational thought she had at that time.

Camila just smiled sweetly, yet a hint of concern still showed through. "Amity, I trust you haven't done anything to my daughter. And of course I'm not going to kill you."

Amity just stared wide eyed, finally processing her entire rant & what she said. "Oh! Yeah, of course! Hehehe..." Amity was still embarrassed.

Amity grabbed her book off of the couch. "I'm gonna go to my roo-I mean Luz's room! Yeah. Bye!" Amity scampered off up the stairs, her red face still steaming.

Camila sighed. She thought to herself. She remembered the night she met Manny's parents. And vice versa. It wasn't all too different a conversation really.

Then she thought back to what she said to Amity earlier, about trusting her.

Yeah.

Camila trusted Amity.