Chapter 2

𝐴𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉

Woah. He's gorgeous.

I would've been drooling over this guy for hours if he hadn't been rude and interrupted me. "Are you done staring?" the guy asked in an emotionless tone. Who does he think he is? Walking into my work and asking if I'm done staring. I WASN'T EVEN STARING!!

Mhm. Keep telling yourself that Avery.

I quickly snap out of it. "I'm so sorry sir, what can I get started for you?" I smile and ask, hoping that he will forget any of that ever happened. "I'll have a vanilla ice coffee and a ham and cheese croissant," he replied, "oh, and make sure it has oat milk," he added on. Okay. This guy is really rude, he has no manners. I'm usually really nice to everyone but this guy is getting on my nerves.

He's pushing your buttons sis.

"Of course! Anything else?" I ask politely. As much as I don't like this guy right now, I am being paid to do my job and I am not losing it over this one customer. "Nope, just that," he replied while texting on this phone. Gosh, this guy is rude. I rip off the ticket and hand it to Susan; she is in charge of the food today. Since there aren't too many people today, I sat behind the register and pulled out a book. I'm a book nerd. I love reading, it's like an escape from reality, an escape from all the bad things that happen in my life. I was waiting for the food and coffee anyway, it should only take around 5 minutes. That means 5 minutes of reading.

The 5 minutes passed by very quickly, before I knew it, I heard Susan ding the bell, letting me know the food and coffee was ready to be sent out. I put my book away and grabbed the ham and cheese croissant with one hand and the iced coffee in the other. I walk back to the booth where the gorgeous (but very rude) guy was sitting. I place down his order and give him a nod before walking away. Well attempting to anyway. I felt a hand grip around my wrist and I turn around. When I turn around, I once again meet his gorgeous eyes. "Sit," he says. That's all he has to say? The way he said it was kind of scary though. I gulp before nodding and sitting in the seat across from him.

We have been sitting here in silence, for what feels like an eternity. Why on Earth would this guy invite me to sit with him when he won't even speak to me! During all this time, I'm the only one who has spoken. I wasn't even speaking to Lorenzo. I was speaking to Susan and I kindly asked her to bring me my favourite cupcake. Red Velvet. So, to break the ice, I decided to put matters into my own hands. "So, what's your name?" I ask him. I am now in full interrogation mode. "Lorenzo," he bluntly replies. Lorenzo. Hmm. I don't think I've ever met a Lorenzo in my life. "Avery, nice to meet you!" I exclaim before putting my hand out in front of him for him to shake it. But instead of shaking my hand, he just stares.

Come on Lorenzo. Do better.

In embarrassment, I remove my hand and place it in my other, before beginning to fidget with my fingers. There is no doubt that I just made things very awkward. So much for full interrogation mode.

I was just about to stand up and leave before Lorenzo spoke. "Look, I'm sorry for being rude I guess, I'm not used to talking to people," he mutters the last part but I hear him very clearly. "It's ok, people can be shy, I understand," I told him with a smile (which would hopefully make him feel better). He gave me a small smile before placing his lips on his ice coffee straw.

Mmm yummy, if you don't want Lorenzo, I'll have him, Avery.

I barely even know this guy. Wait, I barely even know this guy. Holy ghost spirits. I COULD BE GETTING KIDNAPPED ANY SECOND NOW! That's when my breathing started to rapidly speed up. Gosh, darn it. This always happens, I put stupid scenarios in my head and I begin to panic.

I stand up for two reasons.
1. To escape from this gorgeous potential kidnapper.
2. So that I don't embarrass myself at work by having a panic attack.

As I stand up, I hear the stupid bell sound that the door makes. I turn my head around and my jaw drops.

No fricking way.

~ 07/02/2022

How are we liking it so far?

Let me know your thoughts and opinions <3

Thank you for reading :)

Please vote and comment as this helps a lot.

Much love, Em xx