Resonance of Trust : Echoes of the Hero's Return

"Cale, are you seriously considering making a contract with them?"

"That's right, you insufferable idiot. Making a contract with them means tapping into their powers."

"T-That's right! Remember, the more you use their powers, the more you become like them."

Super Rock, Sky Eating Water, and The Cry Baby questioned Cale for the ninth time. They were deeply concerned about the state of the Red Head—Cale's mental condition was far from fully healed.

Yet, he was already plotting something monumental.

'How can he handle this in his little head?' they wondered.

'No, the real question is... can he still handle it?'

They were well aware that Cale's mentality had been damaged long before their encounter. Those assholes had only made it worse. They couldn't risk Cale snapping and jeopardizing himself along the way.

They—no, some of them may be crazy bastards, but they were once human too. They understood the pain of betrayal, especially by those you trusted.

"I am sure this is one of the steps I'll be taking to change my future and myself."

"Why in the world would you be the one to change, Cutie?! Cutie Pie is already perfect as he is! You don't need to change yourself! They should be the ones to change!"

Young Jour, angered by their actions, spoke up. She may be young, but she was sharp. She knew Cale wasn't the problem; it was them.

Cale's ancient powers observed and heard them loud and clear. The ancient powers may have sealed their abilities, but they couldn't seal their consciousness. Although smart, they were still inexperienced compared to the divine beings.

"Am glad I can finally hear your voices. Sometimes I thought you guys were annoying, but now... I know for a fact that only you guys can be trusted."

"Cale, you know we're always with you. Even if you couldn't hear our voices at that time, we were with you, planning a thousand ways to kill those... rotten bastards"

For the first time, Super Rock cursed, and the others didn't mind. Those bastards deserved it.

"I know... I just miss you guys, I guess."

The ancient powers were shocked. They knew Cale might have missed them, but hearing him say it out loud was unexpected.

"Cale! Welcome Home!" they shouted, attempting not to get emotional but failing miserably.

"Mmn...."

"I'm Home Everyone"