Within the Darkness

The dim light of the candle flickered, casting shifting shadows across the walls of the dimly lit study. Cale Henituse sat alone, The words he was drowning in were more than just reflections; they were confessions, a glimpse into the depths of a soul marred by betrayal and pain.

"People would be disgusted if they found out my true colors. However, for some reason, I don't think I'll care. I don't regret anything."

His words flowed, each one etched with the rawness of his inner turmoil.

"They might say it's cruel to even think of abandoning the people who didn't and never betrayed you. However, do they know what those same people did? They didn't even try to help me. They did absolutely nothing."

The only reason he was freed from his shackles, both literal and metaphorical, was because of his true allies, those who didn't hesitate to risk their lives to save him. He listed them one by one, the names of those who proved their loyalty when all seemed lost:

"The Sun Twins—a pair of siblings forever grateful for their savior, their salvation—forever grateful to me and only me."

"Mary—the necromancer who knows what it feels like being stuck in one place, what it feels like having your freedom stolen."

"The Mercenary Duo—who were always loyal friends and subordinates to me."

"On—who proved herself different from her brothers."

"Lock—the wolf I fed, who believed everyone deserved their freedom."

"His Step-Mother Violan—a woman who regretted that she was always late for her stepson."

"Duchess Sonata Gyerre—the old but wise woman who was amazed by him, showing the different side and colors of the world."

"God of Death—his self-proclaimed Father."

These were the figures who illuminated the darkest corners of his existence, who helped him escape the hellhole of his former life. Yet, despite their efforts, Cale often found himself wrestling with doubt and despair.

"But of course, there was always the time when I would ask myself, where did I possibly go wrong? The only reason I always sacrifice myself is because I don't want them to leave me—leave me by dying or abandoning me."

The weight of leadership and the fear of loneliness often led him to darker thoughts, questioning the very essence of his actions and their inevitable consequences.

"I never believed in gods. But this time, I pray that someone—someone will save me from this misery, pain, and darkness caused by their betrayal. The people who call themselves my family. The same family who imprisoned me."

As he continued, his thoughts drifted to a longing for a future filled with hope—a hope for a new beginning.

"I just hope that the same person who will become my salvation will understand me, will become my new home, my new place of comfort, my new sky who will become the new light of my whole being, my new reason to continue living in this cruel world."

With each word, Cale laid bare his deepest vulnerabilities and darkest fears, the candlelight casting long shadows across the room. He sealed this knowledge, knowing it might never be known by anyone but himself, a silent testament to a soul's battle between light and darkness.

In the privacy of his study, surrounded by the quiet of the night, Cale Henituse realized that the true journey was not about seeking external validation or redemption from others. It was about reconciling with his fragmented self, accepting his past, and forging a path toward a future where he could stand firm, supported not just by his allies, but by his newfound strength within.

This chapter of his life was far from over, but with each step, he was rewriting his destiny, one line at a time.