Chapter 11

Did he know this man?

You stood there staring at Levi, speechless at what you’d just heard. You’ve started to think if Levi is also your enemy. They appear to have known one other for a long time.

"Oh well Levi, it's been a long time, is that how you greet your Uncle?" He laughs, still pointing the knife in your neck. Levi couldn't make a hasty move, and he was thinking how he’d get you away from him.

"I have heard you marry this girl, Levi. Is it true?" You then heard loud footsteps outside running towards your room as this man behind Levi named Kenny continue to speak.

"What are doing here?" Levi asked, confused on what is going on. He laughs once again and suddenly pushes you so hard that you fall, but Levi catches you in his grip before you fall.

"Ask her, she knows everything. See you again soon!" He exclaims as he flees through the window as Mikasa and the others arrived.

You exhaled deeply, relieved. You were saved, and we're alive, at least for the time being.

"What's going on?" Mikasa asked as Levi helps you took a stand. You remain silent, you don't want to tell them the reason, if they find out, even this man beside you, you don’t know what they will do to you. You're no longer safe; you’ll die at any moment.

"You mean Kenny Ackerman? Another Ackerman?" Hange exclaimed, astounded by what she had learnt; well, you were astonished as well, for that man is an Ackerman. You were now in Erwin's office, looking into what had happened.

You heard that after you left the party, there was commotion inside as soon as you left, Levi became concerned since you left and returned to head quarters, luckily saving your life.

Levi believed that something serious was going on regarding you, and it bothered him.

"Yeah, he’s my Uncle who used to look for me when I was a kid, and I never expected to see him again." Levi remarked, with his tea in his hand.

He then shifted his gaze on you making you gulp dryly. “You should tell us now what’s going on, why he was after your life, and what he meant when he said she knows everything.” He says.

This is what you never wanted; you don’t want him to know your secret, and you don’t want them to know the reason of why they are hunting you.

“Y/N, tell us what you know, you can trust us.” You look at  Hange at your side worriedly, holding your hand. You looked down, averting her eyes.

I trust them but I can’t tell them why. Why do I have this feeling? Do I truly trust them?

“You must tell us now so that we can take action on this matter.” You face Levi, who is now saying this. They keep asking you about on what’s going on, but you keep your mouth shut.

You heard Erwin clear his throat before saying. “Enough for that, we can’t make her tell everything if she doesn’t want to; there has to be reason.”

You breathe a sigh in relief; you look at Erwin gratefully as he really understood your feeling.

“They might come after you at anytime, and they might even go inside the head quarters again, so it’s better for you to stay in Levi’s room.” Your eyes widened hearing what Erwin said, did I hear it right?

“Levi requested it since they were after your life and we didn’t know why, so it’s best for you to stay close to him from now on.”

You just remained silent, unable to respond as he explains to you. You were perplexed and surprised because Levi had requested it. After the discussion with them, you head back together with Levi.

Starting today, you’ll be moving into his room, but first you must get your belongings into your room. You told Levi that you’d go there after you’d gathered all of your belongings.

“That’s great news!” Sasha exclaims as she helps you in carrying your things. “Just scream and run if he does anything to you, and we will definitely come and save you.” Mikasa murmured with a gloomy expression on her face.

You merely nervously smile in response to her, well sometimes Mikasa creep you out; perhaps it’s in their blood being so creepy.

After a while you arrived at now to Levi’s room. You knock on the door and hear him say, “Name and business?”

You took a deep breath before answering, “It’s me Y/N.” You then open the door after hearing him say come in. You saw Levi busy working the documents on the table.

He gives you a quick glance before returning to his work. “Its fine here, thank you for helping me.” You said to Sasha and Mikasa after you piled your belongings on the floor.

As they exited the room, Levi and Mikasa made an eye contact, you were worried on what would happen, well both of them are Ackerman. “You better treat her right.” The last thing Mikasa said before closing the door.

You heard Levi only sigh and back to his work. “Behind that door is the bedroom you can have it.” You turn around and see the door he was referring to.

You look back at him, still busy, you asked, “W-what about you, I can sleep here in the cou-,” but you’re cut off when he raises his head to face you. “Use that room. I’m not sleeping on a bed.”

You raise your brows in surprised, watching him took a sip on his tea before returning to his work. You only sigh and carry your stuff inside.

It’s now late at night, so you must fix all your belongings before going to bed. You slowly close the door, and look around within you sit on the bed and gently touched it.

It’s quiet big, and it’s a shame he’s not using it. You’re left wondering on why he wasn’t sleeping on it. Then where is he sleeping, don’t tell me Hange’s room?

You yawned and felt so drowsy after arranging your things. You changed into your night dress.

Slowly opening the door, you see Levi sleeping on his table. “Is he always sleeping there, it must be very uncomfortable and cold.” You took your blanket and walking so quietly towards him.

Then you wrap it over him gently and it gives you the opportunity to stare at his face, you can tell that he’s tired just by looking at him. You silently giggled hearing his little snore as you find him so adorable.

You return to the bedroom fearful of waking him up. You lie down on the bed, which is larger than your own and feels really comfortable. You let yourself to be drowned by darkness, and you sleep.