Chapter 15

You’d entered Levi’s office and taken a seat on his couch. You’re on day off, and have nothing to do, so you’re just chilling inside.

Levi was not around since he was in Erwin’s office discussing the captured suspect in the cause of the chaos the night of the party, which was also the night you were found.

Then you heard a knock at the door. You walk towards it and open the door. You saw Hange carrying a box.

“Thank goodness, Y/N, can you help me?” You jumped in to assist her as she struggled to carry them.

“Can you tell me what this is about?” You asked her, as you two placed it on the floor next to Levi’s desk.

She stretches her body and walks over to the couch, where she lies down. “It’s just a bunch of cleaning products, you know Levi.” You nodded as you understand. Levi is a clean freak after all.

You sat down next to her as she sat up from her reclining position. “But he asked me because he was busy, and oh God my back hurts.” She groans.

You stare at her, recalling all you’ve heard before about the confession, and you wonder if it’s alright for her as you stay here with Levi.

Hange notices your stares and offered a question that brought you back to reality. “What is it?” You raised your brows trying to think reasons, “Uhm…n-nothing,” but you couldn’t think of any.

You escape her gazes by looking away. She chuckles and lean her back, she then asked, “Are you worried about me and Levi?”

You were taken aback and turned your head to see her, which rendered you dumbfounded.

“You don’t have to, I mean, there’s nothing going on between us.” She said which surprised you even more.

“What exactly do you mean? I did hear you before that Captain confess his…,” after almost spilling out everything you abruptly covers your mouth in astonishment, even you couldn’t believe said it, especially to her.

“Do you mean, you were there that time?” She asked at you surprised, damn, I was caught. You put your hands on your lap and with nothing to say, you nodded admitting it.

“Well, then, everything is good now.” Your brows furrowed in bewilderment at what she had just stated.

“What do you mean when you say everything is good?” She furrowed her brows like you did in response to your confused face.

“Did you hear the whole thing, didn’t you?” You remembered leaving before hearing her response, and now you were curious to her what it is.

You shook your head in response to her query. She laughs, leaving you dumbfounded, after that she then said, “I rejected him.”

“What’s not good, about me being in love with you? Tell me how you feel about me, Hange.” Hange took a deep breath after hearing it from Levi, she then replied, “Levi, I’m sorry but I don’t feel the same.”

Levi was no longer surprised he knew it long ago, he then asked again at her, “Is it Moblit?” Without any hesitations Hange nodded in response. Because you left earlier before you could hear any of this. Levi was rejected.

You are now inside the Wall Sina, joining the company of Mikasa and Sasha because Sasha as she promised before she will come back to the Pie store.

You still can’t believe that Levi got turned down by Hange. You were left wondering how Levi would look if her were to be rejected.

It also surprises you to learn that Hange like Moblit. They had previously served as your team’s leader, but you had not expected this.

“Y/N?” When Mikasa calls your name, you recoil. You look at her as she said, “We will going inside, you want to come with us?”

You shake your head in response to her and then you said, “I’ll be waiting outside.” You smiled to them. You watched their backs as they walked into the store.

You made your way to the bleachers and sat down. The area is quiet compared to before, there aren’t many people wandering around, and it’s growing dark.

You merely watch your surroundings as it makes you feel uneasy, and it is unusual to you.

You were swinging your feet, as you sat down, to enjoy yourself. “They sure are taking their time.”

You pull a snack from your small paper bag and took a bite on it. It’s getting cold outside, and you’re consider going inside, but you’ve opted to stay.

You finally took your last bite, but they’re still not done. You’re wondering as to why they’re taking so long.

You took a stand to follow them inside the store. As you began to walk you immediately pause, experiencing a familiar cold sensation in your neck.

You’re eyes widened and you were stiffened from the fear you were feeling at this moment.

You then heard, “It’s been a while…” It was scary and familiar old voice. As you remembered he’s name is Kenny, uncle of Levi.

In your nervousness, you gulp dryly. You’re at loss for what to do, should I scream?

“You must do something, you can’t just hide and relay to your Ackerman.” He teases you and chuckle loudly.  “I can kill you here.”

You are now regretting, you should’ve stay inside Levi’s office. “I will tell everything to the regiment. They’ll put an end to the misery here.” You say clearly to him, despite your trembling body and shaky voice.

He laughs once again after hearing your statement. “What’s next? They will give you your happy ending? There’s no hope for you, you don’t belong here.”

You gulp dryly. He was right; spilling everything to them wouldn’t guarantee your safety. They might kill you swiftly without mercy if they discover your true identity.

Your gaze was drawn to the store’s open entrance, which revealed Mikasa and Sasha. “Oops! They are here.”

They were taken aback when they saw you and your condition, staring at you and the man behind you pointing a knife in your throat.

“Y/N?” Mikasa uttered in the air after seeing you. You were more startled when she abruptly ran in your direction. “Tch, that save your life, my prey.” He say before vanishing.

You turn around to see him, but he had already disappeared by the time Mikasa reached you.

Mikasa placed her hand on your shoulder and asked, “Y/N, are you okay? Are you hurt?” You shake your head and then said, “I’m fine.”

You then look back as to where he vanished; knowing that wherever you go, whether accompanied or alone, their eyes are fixed on you. This is something I should take action on.