C H A P T E R // F I F T E E N

Stars

Usually the month before the summer break was hard for one particular boy,
It was a time when he remembers living in misery and sadness never truly feeling at home in his own skin or even his life until he met the five most wonderful people in his life.

The days in the run up to those memories were hard for Sirius,
when he was kicked out of the family home and of his name coming up to a year ago he never thought of what his life would become but now it couldn't picture it without two particular people.

The cold air of a Thursday night nipped at his skin as he sat on the floor leaning on the railings of the astronomy tower looking over the black lake he was thankful but also reminiscent of his life,
Until the sound of the rusty doors to the tower opened breaking him out of his thoughts and a pair of light footsteps climbed the winding stair case.
A familiar blonde head and smiley face popped up while she looked for his hunched over form in the low light she knew he was upset or gloomy today as he was quiet and less articulate then she'd known. while Remus on the other hand just left him be as he knew what was wrong but wasn't sure if he needed his space to think today so She said nothing except approaching him slowly and wrapping him up and making sure he knew she was there for him when he was ready.

He on the other hand recognized the blanket she'd wrapped him in as the one her mum had sent her at Christmas the year before and it smelled just like his girl.

While no words were spoken for a good 5 minutes as they listened to the wind and sounds of the lake below, she finally spoke softly looking at him.
"Do you want to tell me what's wrong or do you want me to go and you have some space?" She asked moving to sit in front of him copying the same crisscross position.
He looked at her and shook his head
"It would actually be great for you to stay it's just tonight isn't easy I suppose" he explained picking at his nails she'd painted a reddish purple the afternoon before, she grabbed both of his hands and nodded to him.

He took a deep breath before beginning to explain why he felt so...guilty tonight.
"My life was a lot more complicated before I properly knew you sweet girl my family were." He paused thinking of the right words to describe them
"vile is all I can say, they didn't really love me or even see me and so it was hard to accept who I was for so long I liked boys and sports and painting my nails but I had this image to be just like the rest of them and that meant hating the people that I held so close to my heart" he sighed leaning his head on her shoulder.

She knew he had suffered in his life and she felt his emotions on her own skin it was in this moment she'd realized her feelings went so much deeper for both boys.
She bent her head slightly to kiss the crown of his head and bring him in closer to her knowing he probably needed comfort right now,
"You know that Remus and I will never let you go or even be like that again" she whispered while tracing her nails up and down his back and he basked in her warmth

He sat up while fixing a small smile on his face brushing his hand along her cheek
"No more sad talk baby I just want cuddles and you" before he poked her sides causing her to giggle as he turned her around in his lap to face the sparkling sky embracing each other.

The stars shine above them while still wrapped around one another before she broke the stillness
"Siri?" She whispered turning her head as he looked down at her.
"yes baby?" She giggled before twisting her body slightly to press a quick sweet kiss to his lips before pushing her face into his neck and releasing a deep breath.
"puppy?" He said stunned before grabbing her hips to face him fully before grabbing her chin to face up at him.
"No baby I think you can do better then that" he chuckled before licking his lips and flicking his gaze between her eyes and her pink flushed lips before pressing his onto hers as she let out a little gasp before letting her eyes close at the sparks between them he continued to leave smaller pecks on her lips before pulling away and searching her extremely red face for something as her eyes opened she sighed not breaking contact.
"Don't give me that look. come on then let's get you to bed it's getting colder and later" he spoke before standing up and picking her up and settling her on his waist before turning to the sky and nodding in thanks to the stars above before leaving the tower.

I planned on this being a gap fill for some other chapters as well as more building on solo chapters and character arcs but anyways. I finally created a playlist for this fic to be a bit more immersive it's literally called Entanglement playlist on Spotify so feel free to hit that up. Thanks xoxo