puzzle piece; dreamnapfound

prompt: part two of green
request: yes
tw: talk of suicide

itve been twelve years since sapnap killed himself. dream never truly forgave himself for driving his best friend to do the unthinkable.

since then, he felt like he was missing a puzzle piece in his life. he didn't have anyone to go to when he got in a huge argument with george. he didn't have anyone to help him when he planned to propose to george. he didn't have the best man at his wedding, instead just a picture of him beside him.

he missed him. a lot.

one day, george sat beside dream, who was scrolling through his and sapnap's old conversations.

"dream, can we talk?"

dream looked up at his husband with tears in his eyes, "sure."

"i was thinking... what if we adopted a child? i always wanted to be a father."

dream looked down, "i don't know. it'll be weird cause we always talked about how we'll be each other child's godfather. and now he's gone, im sorry for always talking about him but-"

"dream, he was your best friend, and mine too. you have every right to miss him. you knew him since you was thirteen. but don't you think sapnap would want you to live your life?"

dream sat there, staring at the wall.

"i'll let you think about it, i'll take a shower."

after george took a shower, he came back to the living room.

dream looked up at him, and smiled. "i think i'm, we're, ready to start a family."

george grinned as he ran over to give his husband a hug.

the next few months was long and tiring, but it was worth it when they finally got a call that informed them that they found a match for them.

it was a brown haired, green eyed boy named nick. his father left his mother when she got pregnant and his mother can't take care of him anymore.

when dream met his kid, he felt like breaking down. it was almost like his best friend was there again, as a kid.

george held dream's hand to calm him down as they helped the kid pack before returning to their house.

nick was like sapnap in alot of way. he was stubborn, love video games, and he love to play tricks on his colorblind father.

even though one major puzzle piece was taken away from dream's life, another puzzle piece fit in.

it doesn't mean he doesn't miss sapnap anymore, but he's moving on.

just like sapnap always wanted for his best friend.

-----------

(:

have a great day/night, eat some food and drink some water <3

ily<3