{2}

Once the moon had reached its peak, the vampire exited the building of which he had been inside for a few hours, his companion following behind him, "Ya know, I think that maybe all those stories about vampires might be true. Maybe there are blood-sucking monsters that parade around and act like they're better than other people, and you would never know. Could be that woman at the newsstand, or it might be that old man sleeping on that bench..." Gavyn looked around them, a sly grin on his face, speaking in dramatic but hushed whispers.

This made Nikolai roll his eyes, and he grumbled, "I do not want to hear anything else from you. You are the bane of my existence, just like the humans that you idolize. If you were not my acquaintance, I would mistake you for a human." His eyes rested upon a couple walking down the sidewalk across the road from them, arms linked together. He watched them smile and give each other tiny pecks on their lips. He huffed a bit, walking faster. Humans were just livestock, and occasionally entertainment, and his own days as a human were long behind him, so he no longer understood their ways. Lost were the days of romance and what followed suit, sometimes the other way around for some, and he didn't miss it one bit.

The other vampire noticed his gaze was on this certain human couple, and he raised an eyebrow, "You're acting like you weren't once human yourself. I'm just more in tune with my former humanity, while you, and soooo many others, act like humans and vampires are completely different..." He went in front and turned around to face him, thus walking backward with his hands behind his head, "I personally think that you could learn a thing or two from modern-day humans."

Nikolai looked away, seeing that the couple was gone now, which made him smirk, "Really now? Such as? War, corruption, slavery, incessant manipulation of the masses? Vampires have had to hide for most of history because of hum-"

"You were human once upon a time. Reality check, Niko, we can't change history, nor can we act like it never happened. There is good in humanity, and you can't pretend like there isn't. If it wasn't for the changes in history, you and I wouldn't be here right now." Gavyn interrupted him, narrowing his eyes, "I know damn well that you love your life, and you wouldn't trade it for anything."

"Quiet!" The other yelled, and they stopped walking, "You are not in a place to talk to me like that..."

"Yeah, maybe, but I don't give a shit. Vampires are not better or superior to humans. One day, our children will live in a world where humans and vampires live in harmony together."

"One day, you will have to bring your head back down from the clouds, and realize that the world does not run by your idealistic standards, Gavyn." With that, he walked away from him, leaving him alone with his thoughts.