{1} Mission

The hydro duelist was in the range, shooting at targets with their vandal. They wanted to be in peak performance for whenever they may get their next mission! Which so happened to be today, Brim had called for the Italian and French agents. 
These two had never met, always just missing each other. They were nobodies to each other, strangers yet they were being tasked to work together at Fracture. A place Chamber knew oddly well. 
" 'Ight! I'm here!" You dashed into your chair, it spun around before you stopped and looking straight at Brim with a large grin.
"Thank you, for coming... 10 minutes late" Brim said, raising a brow. A cold sweat went down your face.
"I was... training?" You tried to think of an excuse, but Brim just sighed. Rubbing his temples. Only now did you look around and see the well-dressed French Man, quietly chuckling at the performance in front of him. "Who are you?" You tilted your head to the side slightly at the French agent.
"Chamber, a pleasure to meet you" He hummed, a cocky smile plastered on his face.
"Hmm, nice to meet you! I'm A/N!" You grinned widely, he only chuckled at your over-the-top attitude.
"Quiet quiet, You guys were called here for a mission. You two seemed like the best fits, I question how you've never ran into each other in the halls before." Brim just grumbled. "You're going to New Mexico and scoping out the place. There's an old Kingdom Corp. Facility and was messed up due to an unfortunate circumstance, that even I don't know." The two nodded along. "Alright, get ready. You're going in an hour, be at the loading dock by then. Do not be late, A/N. I'm serious" Brim stared into your eyes.
"Yes, Dad!" You jumped up, waving goodbye to Brim and Chamber. You always called Brim dad; he was the closest thing you had since you had become an agent. He acted like a dad too, so you resorted to that, and it helped you feel closer to the agents. You trusted him. You dashed off to your room to make sure you had all your proper clothes and then you had to head to the weaponry. What a hassle, and you were supposed to be on time. 
"A/N darling!" Killjoy's voice could be heard through the door, a close friend of yours. Killjoy made loads of gadgets, sometimes you'd help in her work but that usually ended up in a mess. Walking over and opening the door to see a smiling Killjoy. "I heard you're going to New Mexico! I know it's for a mission and all, but please tell me what the trip there is like at least?" How could you say no to Killjoy? So energetic and someone so caring.
"Yea sure I can do that. But I want to know what ideas you come up with while I'm not here!" You grinned, Killjoy smiled and that was all the answer you needed. You hugged her tightly, laughing. "If it's crazy we're totally experimenting together with it!"
"You bet! Now I won't keep you any longer, hurry hurry! And please, be careful out there!" Killjoy was walking away as she said it, calling out at the end.
"I will!" You yelled back before closing your door. You went back over to your wardrobe and dug through it, making it even messier than it already was. "There it is!" You grabbed out your outfit. Blue and black with silver accents, and it was waterproof, so you didn't always soak your clothes. You set it on your bed and turned back to your messy wardrobe, you didn't feel like fixing it right now. Your room was, decently clean, obviously not perfect but it was ok! You managed to shut the wardrobe door and quickly changed into your custom outfit before strapping on some extra equipment that helped you with not just managing your ability but also protecting you from bullets and other excruciatingly painful objects. You shuttered remember the time someone stabbed you with an axe during a mission. 
Once ready in your attire you opened your door, only to be met face to face with the French man himself, Chamber. "Bonjour, A/N." He smiled, teeth showing just to put the cherry on top of his seemingly perfect self.
"Oh! Salve, Chamber!" You grinned at him, noticing the only slight differences in his attire. "I'm heading off to the weaponry if you'd like to join me." You didn't give him much room to answer though as you already walked past him and headed to the weaponry.
Chamber stared after you for a moment before glancing at your room. Fairy lights and posters hung on the walls and the room was a blue-ish hue. It reminded him a bit of Neon's room, but with its own A/N twist and turns. He gently shut the door before walking after you, what type of gun do you use would display who you were. Such an important choice but to other's could seem so miniscule.
You were rustling around in the weaponry, looking for your gun. You had hidden it so others wouldn't use it because you had specifically designed yours to your taste. Little blue waves on the Vandal that you always kept touching up and adding new little things. You had seen others put little charms on their guns and had opted to making your own. Which was currently a work in progress, you hadn't even heard the tall male behind you enter.
"Ready to go, mon ami?" He inquired, glancing at your gun.
"Yep! Let's go, Fancy man!" You quipped back quickly, grinning as you held your Vandal tightly in one hand.
You walked ahead of Chamber as you both headed to the loading docks. Chamber couldn't read you entirely. You were interesting, yet he had sworn you were new. Brim had seemed very friendly and knowing of you so you couldn't have been new. You two just always managed to new meet until now. How odd, he wondered if Brim did it on purpose. 
You hopped up onto the jet. "I wonder what this location is going to look like. It was an old Kingdom Corp. place so maybe it has cool tech! I wonder why it was abandoned though" You questioned out loud to Chamber as he entered. The loud noises of the jet revving and getting ready to take off made him sit down on one of the seats.
"Who knows, maybe it was a mirror trying to take their radianite" He chuckled before clearing his throat. "Sorry, I shouldn't joke about that should I?" But, you only laughed at this. He didn't seem like the type to joke so when he did it just made you smile.
"It was funny!" You trailed off for a moment after, "What can you do Chamber?" You questioned, looking at him. His eyes locked with yours for a moment before glancing away.
"I am skilled with guns, more so than the others in the protocol." He chuckled a bit at the last part. "I've many tricks up my sleeve, mon cher, just you wait and see" This excited you, only making you want to ask more questions, but he got to it first. "And what about you?" This was his first time actually meeting you, he didn't know you existed really until today. He'd do his research on you later though, he could ask his mirror about you too.
"Water! I know it sounds dull and all, but like I can make this cool water dragon that I can send forth! Sometimes I can even send huge waves, and if there's lots of water nearby then they're REALLY in for it!" You were rambling on, he nodded along. Chuckling inwardly to himself, you were such an open book to him. You really knew nothing of him and how the others thought of him. "-Then I can also breathe underwater! Not really breathe but I can manipulate the water to stay away from my head that can be quite tiring though. Als-" You got cut off by your phone vibrating in your pocket. You took it out only to see a message from Neon saying 'Good luck, water nerd!' This made you chuckle sending the simple message back of; 'Thanks, you short shocker!' Chamber only raised a brow in question before leaning back in his seat. 
You guys had been travelling for at least an hour, almost to the location to. Both of your earpieces went off with Brim's voice coming through.
"You guys are almost there, get ready to hop off and take note of everything there. If there's any disturbance at all immediately report to me or Sage. Stay safe, Agents." Then the comms went silent. You stood up and walked over to the doorway, grin spread across your face.
"Alright Fancy Man! Let's crush this mission!" You were hyped up, bouncing on your feet a bit. He stood up, straightening his tie and brushing off any dust that was on his clothes.
"It's a simple mission of scouting, A/N. Why so hyped?" He questioned, though he was smiling. 
"I want to explore New Mexico after! I've never been here, so if we get this mission done quick maybe I can!" You glanced back at the door to see it opening, to which you immediately hopped off and landing onto the ground. Chamber following but much more calmly. 
"This place is very... overgrown and sandy?" You questioned, looking at each side of the place. "Woah, that core is destroyed..." Your gaze landed on the radianite reactor in the middle. 
"This is quite the place I must say. It looks wonderful what they've done with it." He chuckles, standing beside you. 
"I wonder how long it's been since someone's been here... oh wait I want to check the inside!" You dashed off to the overgrown side.
"No need to run we have plenty of time!" He called out to you.
"I must finish this quick to explore!" You yelled back, noticing a door that was locked. You tried to open it normally but to no avail. So, then you tried ramming your body into it, but that only caused you to groan in pain. "Why won't this door open!"
"Maybe it was secured before they left?" Chamber had caught up, peering over your shoulder.
"Aw, I wanted to see what was so important to have it locked up." You pouted, crossing your arms before letting out a huff. "Alright, well I guess we should check up on another area."
"Have you even finished scoping this one out, mon cher?" He questioned as you begun to walk off before you stopped and turned.
"No- I got distracted by the door saying, 'High Level Personal Only'" You turned to look at him and he only chuckled. "I mean I doubt anyone's here, right? This place is well, a wreck!"
"You never know who could be lurking or watching." He pulled out a gun, careful to check every corner of the area and secure it as safe. You walked over to the other side, quickly pulling out your vandal and making sure each corner and crevice was safe. 
"All clear!" You called out, walking back over.
"Same here, shall we split up?"
"Alright! Bet I can clear out my side faster than yours Fancy Man!" You giggled, quickly going to check out the rest of the overgrown part of the lab.
"But what are we betting, mon cher?" He called over, walking to the sandy side as he did.
"Pride? Skill? I don't know! It's just for fun!" You laughed, calling back as he could only chuckle at your antics and gave in to the challenge. 
The area was beautiful in your eyes, all overgrown and green over the bland white lab it used to be. "Wonder what they use to do here... Kingdom has never been up to any good though. This couldn't have ended well, at least this was closed down." You mumbled to yourself, checking each place a person could hide out, no one in this part of the lab at least. Your steps were quiet as you finally finished scouring your side of the lab. "ALL CLEAR!" You yelled over the comms.
"Ah, you are so loud mon cheri, I have finished as well. It is clear, but it seems our time is up here." Chamber said back to you over the comms. You pouted a bit, heading to where you heard the loud noises of the jet coming in. You walked over, putting your vandal away with a huff and sat down.
"That place was nice" Chamber had walked in as you said that, sitting down as the jet took off back to base. 
"It was quite sandy on my side" He chuckled. You only nodded; the rest of the ride was silent but pleasant.
Upon landing you stretched and hopped off, Chamber went over to report to Brim since you didn't seem to care to. That only caused Brim to rub his temples and talk to Chamber as you went and put away your vandal in its little hiding spot. "I'm going to finish my little charm for you buddy! Soon enough" You grinned before walking out.
"A/N is quite the character, no?" Chamber chuckled; Brim grumbled.
"They're a good kid," Brim mumbled back in response, he saw you as his own kid. Despite you being an adult, you acted quite childish, but he would protect you at any cost.
"I see, well there was nothing to report really. All was clear" Chamber smiled at Brim. 
"Thanks, have a good rest." Brim waved as he walked away. Chamber chuckled at the tired old man and went to his own quarters.
You made it to your room, closing the door and getting into some comfy pajamas. A loose pajama shirt and some fluffy pants, perfect for bed! Stretching again before turning off the lights, only the fairy lights lit up the room and even then, you had turned them down. Wondering what tomorrow would bring.

This adventure had only just begun, someone new brought into your life. Yet this someone could also be oh so troublesome. If only you knew, what you dove headfirst into. 

______________________________

This took a long time to write but I'm very proud of the first chapter! I hope you all love it! See you in the next chapter loves!

~Snowy <3

2383 words