04.

♡

IV. fatigue
and
frustration

amoura let out a yawn as she sat in the massage chair,feeling the heated seat and vibrated motors work wonders on her strained back. she had gone to alexa's after work, feeling the strain of three house showings.

"rough day, huh?" alexa asked as she sat below amoura, painting her toes baby pink. one of amoura's go-to colours aside from white and black.

amoura rolled her eyes, "three showings—one being the top floor of an apartment, the next being across town and the last being in the suburbs. my feet were screaming. i changed outta my heels midway through my second showing when my client went to look at the house on his own." amoura sighed.

"you know what your man is gonna say, right?" alexa had a smirk on her lips as she peered up at her friend/client. she knew if dominic got word of what his baby mother was doing, amoura would never hear the end of it.

"my ex-man would blow a freakin' gasket if i told him i had three showings scattered all over the place." the pregnant woman rubbed her forehead, eyes closed as to further her relaxation. she didn't want to think about dom raising his voice at her or anything like that. he had to understand she wasn't going to stop working nor was she going to only do a certain percent. she could find a way to manage both her job and the pregnancy.

alexa rolled her eyes, finishing up amoura's toes and screwing the top of the nail polish bottle back on. "he wouldn't be wrong. you're only three months and need to relax. what's gonna happen when you're seven months and trying do all this excessive walking?"

"i'll wear flats." amoura said plainly, watching as alexa applied the top coat to her toenails. "i know i have to but i just be so bored, alex. like if i'm not working i'm just at home...doing nothing. thinking about working, actually."

"we'll have you thought about staying with dom? that way you have someone to talk to." alexa pointed out, gliding the brush across her toenails with precision.

amoura made up her face, "why would i do that?" she asked with confusion in her voice.

"i mean, you guys are bringing in life together. you don't think it's good if you live together?" alexa had glanced up at amoura for a second, right before going back to finishing up the pedicure.

"why would we? we aren't together."

"yeah but you'll obviously need help the first few months—adjusting to motherhood and all that. you rather have him come in and out then just...stay with you?" alexa had put the bottle back,  getting up from her stool and putting it back in her corner.